Costa Teguise, Lanzarote

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
island girl

Costa Teguise, Lanzarote

Post by island girl »

Plan to visit Lanzarote next month, February 2020, left it a bit late but can get accommodation in Costa Teguise.
Is it a suitable location for road cycling, don't mind hills ?
al_yrpal

Re: Costa Teguise, Lanzarote

Post by al_yrpal »

That's on the coast. I would choose Teguise myself for its authenticity. Take your pick. Great island for cycling and walking.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
island girl

Post by island girl »

Thanks Al, I tried to get hotel accommodation in Teguise but fully booked.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

island girl wrote:Thanks Al, I tried to get hotel accommodation in Teguise but fully booked.

There used to be a Sports Hotel in that area. I stayed in an upmarket B&B near there but I think its no longer there.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
island girl

Post by island girl »

Yeah, I know of the Sports Complex but don’t want to stay there. The link to your B &B is no longer valid. Many thanks.
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

The weather there was great over Christmas. The roads are much smoother than ours. The only fly in the ointment that I could see for cycling is that it can get windy. Haria and Teguise were the nicest places that I visited. Plenty of volcanoes and lava too!
robing

Post by robing »

I'm out here for a month :D
Got a great deal on Airbnb.
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

The west side of the island is marked on sailing almanacs as a "wind acceleration zone" for the common trade winds. North, East and South may be the best riding conditions.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
robing

Post by robing »

Btw seems to be a fantastic destination for road cycling - excellent road surfaces, loads of bike hire shops, shoulders often present. Plus courteous drivers - there are so many bikes on the roads here they've virtually taken over on some stretches! :D
You can imagine how that would go down in Blighty.
dodger

Post by dodger »

Stayed at Costa Teguise once, but wasn't impressed. Mind you, if it's just somewhere to sleep it doesn't matter much.
Personally, I prefer Fuertaventura and the cycling there is fine. El Cotillo is a nice laid back location.