New Royals Going It Alone

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: New Royals Going It Alone

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
The problem with the Royals is that they have excess of money they have their own advisors And they are connected, they don't have to work either.

many of us plebs don't have any of that.
Do you think maybe they would be better advised on how to behave, even what not to say.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

:evil:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
The problem with the Royals is that they have excess of money they have their own advisors And they are connected, they don't have to work either.

Do you think maybe they would be better advised on how to behave, even what not to say.

..............true, but I'm still not jealous.

As for behaviour - some are good, and some are bad. Who behaves better than Her Majesty herself? How sad she must be, in private. She deserves our sympathy and good wishes.
As for behaviour, public and private - right-wing, ruling class politicians :evil: right wing gutter press :twisted: ..............anyone worse?...........how much space have we got? - the web-site ain't big enough.

What Harry and Megan need is a tandem with a kiddy seat, and come out with a CTC family section. :D :D :D
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

JohnW wrote::evil:

..............true, but I'm still not jealous.

As for behaviour - some are good, and some are bad. Who behaves better than Her Majesty herself? How sad she must be, in private. She deserves our sympathy and good wishes.
As for behaviour, public and private - right-wing, ruling class politicians :evil: right wing gutter press :twisted: ..............anyone worse?...........how much space have we got? - the web-site ain't big enough.

What Harry and Megan need is a tandem with a kiddy seat, and come out with a CTC family section. :D :D :D

ah a way to become financially independant - run a cycle tour company for families? :wink:
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

If they stay in British Columbia the MUST wear helmets, its the law!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

al_yrpal wrote:If they stay in British Columbia the MUST wear helmets, its the law!

Al

I don't really care what they do so long as:

I don't have to pay for them;
They are not Highnesses.

Having said that, I have no doubt that racism has been live and well in criticising Harry's choice of bride. OTOH, if you want to live as a celebrity, you need the oxygen of publicity. You can't really complain when you get it, except, of course, racism and misogyny is out of order.
John
pliptrot

Post by pliptrot »

Oldjohnw wrote:I don't have to pay for them;
Quite. I'd go further and ask that anything granted to them in the course of them being royal, they give back. Frogmore Cottage, and the 2,4 million quid it took to renovate it for them, for starters. As long as there is poverty, there is a moral imperative to do away with that which only exacerbates the deep social divide we all endure, and the institution of royalty is first. I though the royals, looking over their shoulders at France and Russia, had figured out just how far they can push it. Seems not, when you look at how Charles, Camilla, and the endless list of hangers on cavort with our money. Confiscate their unearned wealth (i.e all of it) and do some good with it. No more speeches about being more caring about the poor in front of golden pianos, please.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

They definately need those hemets! :lol:

Actually they are both blessed and cursed, born to a role they didnt choose from free wiil. And blessed with never having to want or strive for anything except to lead a more normal less public life free of duty. Their prescence and lives fascinates foreign visitors from all around the world and confers what some view as prestige on our country. Their priveliged position is clearly unfair but the tourism they generate boosts our economy. Whether thats a positive is unclear?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Oldjohnw wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:If they stay in British Columbia the MUST wear helmets, its the law!

Al

I don't really care what they do so long as:

I don't have to pay for them;
They are not Highnesses.

Having said that, I have no doubt that racism has been live and well in criticising Harry's choice of bride. OTOH, if you want to live as a celebrity, you need the oxygen of publicity. You can't really complain when you get it, except, of course, racism and misogyny is out of order.

Unfortunately if you live next door to a non white person and they threaten to kill you...........you are then asked by police if you are racist :evil:
In recent days they have been playing the racist card in the media especially on morning tv.
If one of the celebs (TV) is non white they can be the first to use "that's racist" if their subject view are opposite to the white celeb (which is why they are there) , then the presenters cant calm it down and move on very quickly...........prompted by the program producer screaming in their earpieces!

Like most of us anywhere, I did not even know meg was part coloured until the press started to paw over the couple, I could'nt give a ............damn what their colour is, I dislike the other royals as much and especially the charity card pushers, (won't mention other subjects), in name only.
Whats that they say charity starts at home, maybe they should of thought of that, instead of skipping the county, even if its stated as 50/50 over there over here.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

[quote] Unfortunately if you live next door to a non white person and they threaten to kill you...........you are then asked by police if you are racist :evil:/quote]

Fact or merely your own supposition in support of a predjiduce?

The racism has been rife.
John
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Oldjohnw wrote:
Unfortunately if you live next door to a non white person and they threaten to kill you...........you are then asked by police if you are racist :evil:/quote]

FACT I was talking of myself!

Its not very nice is it.

Today on BBC they were talking of child abuse..............................

Fact that police did not investigate.........Fact halted the inquiry.............................because they thought that they would be accused of being racist.

Those poor poor kids...........no one helped them :twisted:

And a witness says its no different today :(
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

It is a pity if people play the racism card. But that does not diminish the evil of racism.
John
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Oldjohnw wrote:
Unfortunately if you live next door to a non white person and they threaten to kill you...........you are then asked by police if you are racist :evil:/quote]

FACT I was talking of myself!

Its not very nice is it.

Today on BBC they were talking of child abuse..............................

Fact that police did not investigate.........Fact halted the inquiry.............................because they thought that they would be accused of being racist.

Those poor poor kids...........no one helped them :twisted:

And a witness says its no different today :(

The police regarded the girls as delinquent underclass, who were to blame for their own exploitation.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Oldjohnw wrote:It is a pity if people play the racism card. But that does not diminish the evil of racism.

It can undermine the cause when overused.

See also: "Fake News! Fake News!"
georgew

Post by georgew »

My goodness......talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

That such an institution as the Royal family should exist in our times is an obscenity. It is the foundation-stone of the class system which has done so much to corrupt our every institution. When one considers that the Royals exist at this time when some of our citizens are sleeping in the streets and mothers are forced to use Foodbanks in order to feed their children, should be repugnant to anyone retaining even a shred of morality. That we should cling to the notion that "blood" in some way renders superiority on certain people.... is stupifying in our age. It seems to me that Royalists must need to feel subordinate in some way, and this... even if the reasoning for their existence is given as being valuable as representatives of the nation. Still.....never mind....let's all discuss the fate of these two people and how well they will survive on Harry's £10 million. After all, that's what's really important.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
And it's a pity that instead of saying they want to be financially independent as if they ever will be.
They could've pulled the best card and said they're going to make it their life's job to work for the most vulnerable, they have the money they have the position they have the limelight, what more need to do a good job, will be seen to be doing a good job.