Gloves for cycling

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Marcus Aurelius

Re: Gloves for cycling

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

dim wrote:these are also OK ....

BRITISH ARMY MITTENS / GLOVES - DPM - EXTREME COLD WEATHER - THERMAL ... used/army surplus and costs a tenner

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-ARMY-MITTENS-GLOVES-DPM-EXTREME-COLD-WEATHER-THERMAL-USED/262194500157?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Yep, I actually have some of these. They are surprisingly good.
jawaka

Post by jawaka »

I bought some cheap thinsulate woolly type gloves, new from a charity shop. They are warm and although they get wet I don't find the wet penetrates as the outside woolly absorbs the moisture. Maybe the wet would penetrate if fully saturated, but that hasn't happened
jb

Post by jb »

So, it looks like the modern Youth Hostel bed now each need to have plug ins for torch, phone, tablet, noise cancelling headphones, power packs and now two more USBs for the gloves. Not to mention possible developments in heated Jackets heated bobble hats and heated codpiece.

It'll be like sleeping in a power station.
Cheers
J Bro
ratherbeintobago

Post by ratherbeintobago »

Giro Pivot 2’s seem all right on early use, though it would probably have been helpful if I’d read the (hand wash only) care instructions before slinging them through the machine on 30.

Does anyone make a two-piece glove with a replaceable inner?

For the real cold, the connoisseurs recommend pogies, though I haven’t tried these myself.