New Royals Going It Alone

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: New Royals Going It Alone

Post by mercalia »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
I thought I posted this earlier?
Maybe it was removed, if it goes again I will know.

Thats disgusting isnt it?

I bet the only person there who actually worked for it is Meghan? So I have no grouse with her.

What did the others do, incl "the queen"? No wonder she keeps quiet, sitting on those assets?

And Harry, he didnt earn that from being a soldier? in herited a lot fron Diana I suppose and where did she get it from?

The sums are eye watering
Last edited by mercalia on 19 Jan 2020, 9:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
On my link-
Yearly income
Trust payouts from great gran at 25 and 40 for harry and will etc.
Harry will never need to do anything, unless they go for free adverts on the sofas to boost income.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

On my link-
Yearly income
Harry will never need to do anything, unless they go for free adverts on the sofas to boost income.

so the laudable intention to be financially independant ( by working ) is a fake? a con? Thanks for the table

How can these people think they deserve it all?
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
mercalia wrote:
On my link-
Yearly income

so the laudable intention to be financially independant ( by working ) is a fake? a con? Thanks for the table

How can these people think they deserve it all?

Not sure if change of status will affect income / grants etc, the prince keeps his title.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Interesting figures about work of royals.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/03/meghan-markle-prince-harry-and-more-royals-who-worked-most-in-2018.html

Basically, in 2018 it's Princess Royal, Charlie, queen. Wills at 150 engagements was less then half the queens. Harry was less still.

Overall, the Royal Family as a whole carries out over 2,000 official engagements, entertains over 70,000 people at dinners, lunches, receptions and garden parties at royal residences, and receives and answers 10,000 letters

It's hard to get figures on hours worked and engagement count doesn't give indications of time at engagement or preparation time.

One point to note, as well as official duties they often spend time on their own business. For example Charles works a lot with the duchy of Cornwall of which he's the longest serving Duke. Duke of Edinburgh was heavily involved in running the royal parks and other matters.

I'm not saying they're necessarily working hard but I suspect they're not being lazy or purely privileged in their lifestyle but there's more going on in their life than simple official business.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

mercalia wrote:…<snip>
And Harry, he didnt earn that from being a soldier? in herited a lot fron Diana I suppose and where did she get it from?

Is inheriting cash OK in the Book of Mercalia?
How do you judge what money is deserved?
Is there a max income before one incurrs your Wrrrrath??
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Her Majesty did work very hard, travelling all over, there is a famous photo of her after she got off a plane and was greeted by Charly who was maybe three years old
She held out her hand for him to shake, instead of sweeping him up into an embrace as I should have done :)

I think she wore gloves too, nor did she shake hands with any TDC TomDick&Charly

Mind, the Windsors/Hannovers play hard too, they spend more time at Sandringham + Balmoral than ordinary people spend on holiday
Last edited by Cyril Haearn on 20 Jan 2020, 10:39am, edited 1 time in total.
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Still Hal&Meg getting top billing on the BBC news last night, nearly 10 minutes of it. Surely there are more important things! Why can't the newsies get the message - it ain't that important?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Indeed, a few weeks ago the media were full of his less famous uncle, anyone remember his name and what that was about?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

seems like the report that only Charlie Boy will be supporting Harry for a time atleast isnt what it seems

Former Liberal Democrat MP Norman Baker, who is the author of a critical book about the Royal Family, said the public could end up paying for part of the Prince of Wales' ongoing financial support for his son.

Mr Baker told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that the Queen already offset support for family members against the tax bill for the Duchy of Lancaster, the sovereign's estate.

Much of Prince Harry's funding comes from his father's estate, the Duchy of Cornwall.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51170973
Last edited by mercalia on 20 Jan 2020, 10:55am, edited 1 time in total.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

mattheus wrote:
mercalia wrote:…<snip>

Is inheriting cash OK in the Book of Mercalia?
How do you judge what money is deserved?
Is there a max income before one incurrs your Wrrrrath??

I posed the question where did Diana get her cash from - William and Harry are both worth £30m each.

So your opinion is that there should be no limit to the amount of assets you can inherit? So robber barons can pass on their ill gained loot? You are not going to tell me that the royals earnt their considerable fortunes? or it accrued du to compound interest over the years?
Last edited by mercalia on 20 Jan 2020, 10:57am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Just read in the paper that a certain Isabel dos Santos, whose father was president of Angola for forty years, denies that her $2.2bn. fortune is the result of nepotism or corruption.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

mercalia wrote:
So your opinion is that there should be no limit to the amount of assets you can inherit? So robber barons can pass on their ill gained loot?

I said no such thing - what an absurd statement!

But I infer from your post that you know the Royals aren't unique - plenty of Brits (and other Western citizens) inherit huge amounts of money, unearned. Plenty more earn a fortune from activities that are no benefit to society. Are you challenging all of these people? I missed your posts on this matter, please update me if required.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

mattheus wrote:
mercalia wrote:
So your opinion is that there should be no limit to the amount of assets you can inherit? So robber barons can pass on their ill gained loot?

I said no such thing - what an absurd statement!

But I infer from your post that you know the Royals aren't unique - plenty of Brits (and other Western citizens) inherit huge amounts of money, unearned. Plenty more earn a fortune from activities that are no benefit to society. Are you challenging all of these people? I missed your posts on this matter, please update me if required.

I am only talking about the "royals" who clearly didnt through sweat and toil earn a penny of their vast wealth, just exploiting possessions with a murky history ( eg land ) Why if it is true about the "queen" above with her £1bn+ is obscene. The Amazon owner & their ilk another matter
Last edited by mercalia on 20 Jan 2020, 11:13am, edited 1 time in total.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

But Harry and Meghan have both had very public careers in paying jobs. So are they off the hook now?