Flu Jab - side effects?

fastpedaller

Re: Flu Jab - side effects?

Post by fastpedaller »

horizon wrote:
recumbentpanda wrote:Those who do not get themselves vaccinated just help to make it riskier for the rest of us. Fact.

In the early days of vaccination, AIUI, you got vaccinated to protect yourself against a disease. Now you get vaccinated to protect other people. I'm not sure I entirely agree with that.

Eh? How can those not getting vaccinated make it more risky for those that are if "the vaccine works" is true then surely the vaccinated group are protected?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mick F wrote: ...........Not really been properly well since the start of this thread in October.
This is the first day since then, that I can honestly say I feel reasonably well.

Been tired and weary and full of malaise, but fine today.
Long may it continue being on the up. :D

Is it the weather doing this to me?
Been rotten damp wet dreary weather since October, and these last couple of days it's been bone dry and sunny ............ though frosty and damned cold at minus three this morning. (I can cope with that!)
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Same for me, been groggy since Boxing Day with nasty hacking painful cough, continual headaches and fluid on my chest. But today I feel a little better. Defrosted the Camper to charge the battery, fixed a new video doorbell and visitited the Mrs three times in the Care Home. Up to now I have felt knackered. My son tells me loads of younger people have been off work. At least I got out on the E Bike a couple of times and out for shortish walks a couple of times. This has been the worst period of illness I have experienced since retiring in 2004. Apparently one of the wettest West Country winters so far. Thank you Devon!

Every year in mid January we always get this massive high pressure area with freezing weather. No wind so all the wind turbines practically pack up. However solar panels should be generating nicely.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

al_yrpal wrote:
Every year in mid January we always get this massive high pressure area with freezing weather. No wind so all the wind turbines practically pack up. However solar panels should be generating nicely.

Al

Wind must be blowing somewhere Al. As I type 14.8% of power is being produced by wind it’s dark outside so no solar.
Days are getting longer so hope we can all start feeling better.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Mick F wrote:
Mick F wrote: ...........Not really been properly well since the start of this thread in October.
This is the first day since then, that I can honestly say I feel reasonably well.

Been tired and weary and full of malaise, but fine today.
Long may it continue being on the up. :D

Is it the weather doing this to me?
Been rotten damp wet dreary weather since October, and these last couple of days it's been bone dry and sunny ..

Plus One, looking forward to more church pictures..
Could be the weather too? I read that the air pressure over the UK has been very high, 1050
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Only 25 Cornish Parish Churches yet to do out of the 226.
I need to get down to Penzance to do the "Penzance14", and then down to Helston to do the "Helston11".
40odd hilly miles of riding for each of the two sections.

Give it a month, when the weather is settled and NOT frosty, and I'll be tackling them ................ providing I'm still well of course.
Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 09.04.14.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 09.04.33.png
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Paulatic wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:

Al

Wind must be blowing somewhere Al. As I type 14.8% of power is being produced by wind it’s dark outside so no solar.
Days are getting longer so hope we can all start feeling better.

http://grid.iamkate.com/ 4% at the mo...

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Barometric Pressure is 1042mb as I type here in Gunnislake.
Totally blue clear sky and not a breath of wind.

Just having a cuppa, then outside (in the cold) to do some logging. Chainsaw is warming by the stove in the kitchen so it'll start easier. I've brought it in from a freezing shed. Poor thing.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

PS
I know the Barometric Pressure because I have a Garmin Montana. You can calibrate the altimeter as I know our elevation at 222ft. The unit measures ambient pressure and calculates BP as it knows the elevation.
Mick F. Cornwall
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

al_yrpal wrote:http://grid.iamkate.com/ 4% at the mo...

Al

Yep even worse earlier but the good side is I’ve been out on a bike this morning. 1st of the year.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Paulatic wrote: .......... 1st of the year.
Managed three rides.
Jan 4th, 6th and 8th.
Mick F. Cornwall
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Today I competed my third this year. 26 miles, 13 miles and today 38 miles. We'll chuffed.
John
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I have not been out on my bike since the 17th of December :( Since I fell into a pothole.
Went on the turbo last night, absolutely disastrous, I am either down with something or something got stuck in the rotor.
Probably just me is easy blame the equipment.

Edited - 1053 I I RC, either this is the actual value yesterday in the Southwest or it is a new record,
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Record air pressure 1053.6 in 1900 and something.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/science-e ... t-51180211
Attachments
5E5FD3C0-AB66-46E9-9D75-B043A17C810A.png
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.