Toolkit pliers?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
foxyrider

Re: Toolkit pliers?

Post by foxyrider »

iandriver wrote:
foxyrider wrote:
iandriver wrote:Mini Leatherman for me also.

+1 - mine's a squirt which usefully has a bottle opener on it too. :D

Too right :D mine is the one without a blade, but small scissors, so alleviates blade worries.

i'm keeping shtumm about the blade! all 1.25" of it :D :lol:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
If that self grip pliers modified for the camera mount was part of the £5 set, sounds unlikely they were actually "vice grip "

If you actually own some vise grips Now called Erwin vise grips you will know the difference, but for a camera mount anything like that will do even Aldi.

I carry a folding pruning saw in my pack, as my local cycle path commonly have falling trees.
Not had to use it yet, I don't think I'm really worried about carrying something you shouldn't do, its your intention to use it rather than that you have it.
They sell hunting knives don't they and people tend to carry them to look a little bit butch when they're camping, even knives for fishing down the beach.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
nez

Post by nez »

The OP may like to know a rubber band will often overcome the problem of grip on something you want to unscrew, especially something knurled like valve locknuts, pump connectors etc.
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

I carry a pair of these in my back pocket. Good for those intricate, delicate jobs in tight spaces:

mini pliers.jpg
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

nez wrote:The OP may like to know a rubber band will often overcome the problem of grip on something you want to unscrew, especially something knurled like valve locknuts, pump connectors etc.

I will remember that for next time, thanks.