Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
landsurfer

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Post by landsurfer »

Apart from being a terrorist and a supporter of terrorism ......... Here we go again , round and round in circles.
Being born here is not right to citizenship. In the last 12 months i have had to supply proof of birth in the UK of my granddaughters mother and grand mothers place of birth in order to prove the girls where entitled to a UK passport.
This not the USA, there are no "anchor babies" in this country.
Because Begum was born here does not mean she has the right to remain.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

landsurfer wrote:Apart from being a terrorist and a supporter of terrorism ......... Here we go again , round and round in circles.
Being born here is not right to citizenship. In the last 12 months i have had to supply proof of birth in the UK of my granddaughters mother and grand mothers place of birth in order to prove the girls where entitled to a UK passport.

thats a frightening situation if true. But in your grand daughters case once you proved she was born here that was it; they didnt have to undergo a police check to see if they are law breakers also and if the were so told no & in fact they will be chucked out of the country as undesirables? thats whats worrying here.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

landsurfer wrote:Apart from being a terrorist and a supporter of terrorism ......... Here we go again , round and round in circles.

Begum was a citizen. That was subsequently revoked.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

This whole thing is an obvious political stunt; HMG know very well they will ultimately lose and are fighting the case purely to appear tough to their voter base.

That this has resulted in the death of a child is of no concern to them.

It's sickening.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

mercalia wrote:
thats a frightening situation if true. But in your grand daughters case once you proved she was born here that was it; they didnt have to undergo a police check to see if they are law breakers also and if the were so told no & in fact they will be chucked out of the country as undesirables? thats whats worrying here.

Why frightening ? My son was born in Germany but he's not German, he's British, because his mother and grandmother where British. Begum's mother and grandmother are Bangladeshi .... so thats her citizenship ? The same law applies to all, or does joining a terrorist organisation give you special treatment ?
Be more Mike.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

roubaixtuesday wrote:This whole thing is an obvious political stunt; HMG know very well they will ultimately lose and are fighting the case purely to appear tough to their voter base.

It's sickening.

Senior moment here .... are you holding HMG responsible for the death of her child ...... ?
Be more Mike.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

landsurfer wrote:
mercalia wrote:

Why frightening ? My son was born in Germany but he's not German, he's British, because his mother and grandmother where British. Begum's mother and grandmother are Bangladeshi .... so thats her citizenship ? The same law applies to all, or does joining a terrorist organisation give you special treatment ?

well your experiences are more varied than mine, all my lot having lived here since god knows when. I do wonder how far go you can go back to remove citizenship? was my original musing. just one generation 2? 3? Rather arbitary? It seems the American idea might be the best one ( if I understand the Anchor Babies right )
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

landsurfer wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:This whole thing is an obvious political stunt; HMG know very well they will ultimately lose and are fighting the case purely to appear tough to their voter base.

It's sickening.

Senior moment here .... are you holding HMG responsible for the death of her child ...... ?

They were heedless as to whether the child lived or died
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

roubaixtuesday wrote:

As was the mother ........
Be more Mike.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

mercalia wrote:
It seems the American idea might be the best one ( if I understand the Anchor Babies right )

As i understand the Anchor Babies thing .... get into the USA by any means, give birth, child is an automatic American citizen, parents cannot be deported.

If i'm wrong please feel free to let me know.
Be more Mike.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

landsurfer wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:

As was the mother ........

The mother was trying to get herself and the baby to a place of safety. How this counts as heedless I leave to your imagination.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Afternoon, Two points (1) Surely the people who fund and support acts of civil insurrection have blood on their hands like those who bomb, maim & kill?
(2) Her age keeps on being cited as an excuse for extreme leniency? But in the country where she chose to move to it is quite normal for girls younger than her to be married off! Which is something which I deplore totally. I thought I was a bit young to get married at 27. MM
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

AFAIA this young woman held a UK passport making her a UK citizen,the UK has taken her citizenship away on the premise of the possibility that she could be a terrorist.Wrong IMV.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

reohn2 wrote:AFAIA this young woman held a UK passport making her a UK citizen,the UK has taken her citizenship away on the premise of the possibility that she could be a terrorist.Wrong IMV.

OK ... I'll bite ....

She flew out of the UK at her own behest .. Possibly.
She crossed borders to join a terrorist organisation .. Possibly.
She entered into a marriage with a terrorist soldier .. Possibly.
Willingly .. Possibly.
She had children in one of the worst war zones on the planet .. Possibly.
She became a member of the islamic "Police" carrying a weapon .. Possibly.
When the terror group she supported was routed she cried for help .. Possibly.

Bring her to the UK, another Westminster bridge, another Streatham .. Possibly.

Put your family at risk ... I'll keep mine safe.

No more terrorists to be brought back to the UK ..
Be more Mike.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

landsurfer wrote:Because Begum was born here does not mean she has the right to remain.

Exactly.She chose her path and now she has to deal with it.

It's sickening.

Sickening?Hardly.
No.Sh!t happens.
She chose to go there.
She chose to knock out a few kids.
The fact they died his her fault and her fault alone.

The bleeding heart brigade strikes again.
She's scum,she is no longer a British Citizen let her and any more of her offspring rot wherever they are.