Apple music files to mp3

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
ubert767

Apple music files to mp3

Post by ubert767 »

I'd like to load my entire itunes library, which is held on my MacBook Pro, onto an old Android Nexus 7 for use whilst I'm tinkering in my workshop. The files in the library are in Apple's own file format and I believe need converting to mp3 format for the Nexus.The Macbook has a file convertor built into iTunes and I can convert individual files but is there a way to batch convert the library?
Simple instructions appreciated.
Rob
DevonDamo

Re: Apple music files to mp3

Post by DevonDamo »

Just do a Google search on 'batch conversion of itunes to mp3.' It brings up loads of guides, but the top result suggests you can do batch conversion within iTunes itself.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Or just stream it from iTunes to the tablet?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Been a long time ago ( haven't had itunes for about 10 years now ) but I do remember I found the files in the library ( there was a bit of poking around to find/copy them will try and look up how I did that) copied them to a folder and converted them to wav using wavepad. I later converted to mp3 ( 320mb/s to help keep some quality ) to reduce the file size for my phone ( I like having my music off line and half decent quality ) but still have the wav files on laptop. Might have had to futer around with the info tags to get the albums / artists etc sorted and tag on the album covers not sure can't remember but it wasn't that difficult.
I am here. Where are you?