Muddiest 'guards

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
tim-b

Muddiest 'guards

Post by tim-b »

Hi
I haven't had a mudguard this full from on-road use only for many years. I see that we have some rain forecast for this afternoon, which is a relief as my lawn is looking a little dry... :roll:
Sm0950.JPG

Any more on-road cycling mud-fest photos?
Regards
tim-b
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
peetee

Re: Muddiest 'guards

Post by peetee »

Call me oddball if you will but I can’t help trying to guess where you live by the colour of the mud.
Looks like a mix of chalk and red clay or sandstone. Dorset/Devon border or somewhere north east from there?
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
tim-b

Post by tim-b »

Hi
The black deposits in the middle are tyre rubber :)
The rest is from the area where Derbys, Leics, Staffs and Warks all meet, so there might be a bit of coal in the black strip too :lol:
Regards
tim-b
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
peetee

Post by peetee »

D’oh. Should have been a bit more generous with my suggestions. Next on the list would have been Leicestershire, Northamptonshire direction where the iron ore quarries used to be.
Oh well, can’t win ‘em all. :lol:
tim-b

Post by tim-b »

Hi
I think that we should strata competition; muddiest 'guards and challenge peetee
D’oh. Should have been a bit more generous with my suggestions

It's not your fault

Moraine forecast later
(Puns optional)
Regards
tim-b
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
peetee

Post by peetee »

I’m up for that. Quite like that geo- guessing game online somewhere. It shows you a road anywhere in the world and you have to pin point it. The best I did was correctly guessing a road on the outskirts of Weymouth but strangely one I had never been within 200 yards of before turning around because I had gone the wrong way!
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

looks pretty clean to me, i've been resorting to a stick on a regular basis during rides in the South Glocs, West Wilts and North Somerset area this winter. i'm sure there's tarmac somewhere under the gloop :lol:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
PH

Post by PH »

At least it's mud. After a countryside ride round here, peetee would be guessing the breed of the local dairy herds. I jetwash mine with the wheels in, I'm lucky I have a jetwash garage across the road so do it at the end of a ride before it dries on and before I bring it inside! It's a quid well spent.
peetee

Post by peetee »

PH wrote:At least it's mud. After a countryside ride round here, peetee would be guessing the breed of the local dairy herds.

:lol:
I am a lot more of a geologist than I am a vet....and I’m not much of a geologist.
Round here there is no shortage of brown rivers and mud ramps on the roads but it doesn’t seem to have affected the daffodil crop. The fields are full of thousands of nodding heads. :D
8E78CF92-3C8E-40A4-9035-84E1186FA3B8.jpeg
8E78CF92-3C8E-40A4-9035-84E1186FA3B8.jpeg (46.12 KiB) Viewed 730 times
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

And soon after the wheels stopped going round ....

Brom to Brum 3.jpg