Wahoo ELEMNT app

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
CarlHutchins1

Wahoo ELEMNT app

Post by CarlHutchins1 »

I’ve purchased a WAHOO ELEMNT BOLT this week, and every time I try to sign up to the companion app I get an error message stating “an unknown error has occurred, please try again”.

Is/has anyone else experienced this, or know how to fix it?

It’s driving me crazy I’ve tried on multiple different smart phones and raised a ticket with WAHOO!

Many thanks in advance!
NewHorizon

Re: Wahoo ELEMNT app

Post by NewHorizon »

Mac or Android version? The Mac version was updated on 6 Feb and again on 19 Feb. It seems when they fix something they break something else, it's nowhere near the Garmin scale of things, but irritating nonetheless. There is a forum here you might want to search on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... emnt-users
RickH

Re: Wahoo ELEMNT app

Post by RickH »

My friend signed up using an Android phone recently & didn't have any problems.

One thing that occurs to me (because I've just been resetting my password on a non-cycling account) is could it be a problem with the password as some are restricted in the characters you can use, sometimes not allowing "special charcaters" or only allowing a small subset. I did have an issue one time with an account, again unrelated, where the password could be set using any characters but would not let you log in if you had used anything other than standard alphanumeric ones! :?
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.