Wiggle

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Fairweather

Re: Wiggle

Postby Fairweather » 26 Feb 2020, 4:28am

philvantwo wrote:I always have stuff delivered to a shop local to where I work using their collect+ service, you used to be able to send stuff back for free from there but now you have to take it to the Asda. No big deal really.

I used the drop shop at Argos last year, a horrendous experience. What should have been a hassle free 3 day delivery turned into 6 weeks of ridiculous time wasted on the phone. All because of a single digit error in the customer retrieval code. Never again.

andrewwillans49

Postby andrewwillans49 » 14 Mar 2020, 2:29pm

Internet search of latex inner tubes showed £8 at Wiggle £8.05 at Sigma. Bought three from Wiggle and they cost£12.99 each as they're a popular size. Feel robbed of £15
I should have checked the basket, nevertheless still feel wronged. Sigma £8.05 all sizes.
Shame on Wiggle.
And me

philvantwo

Postby philvantwo » 17 Mar 2020, 7:10am

Well send them back and get a refund then!!!

philg

Postby philg » 2 Jul 2020, 8:33am

Have you seen the size of their operation?
I started tracking my CRC order, surprised to see it was in the Midlands, not NI or Portsmouth I lazily assumed it would come from so I Google mapped it - wow, a massive warehouse must be over 150m square, surely not just for sporting bits?

https://tinyurl.com/y9gdoydk

NewHorizon

Postby NewHorizon » 2 Jul 2020, 9:01am

That's a lot bigger than 150m2! They turn over £400m a year, just in sporting bits!

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 2 Jul 2020, 12:28pm

Did you know that they shift a ton of seconds via their auction site shop, tri-sport_resort?
byyeee,
SiE

Sweep

Postby Sweep » 2 Jul 2020, 6:46pm

simonineaston wrote:Did you know that they shift a ton of seconds via their auction site shop, tri-sport_resort?

I must have once known this and then forgotten as I have just seen that I have it as a saved ebay shop.
Maybe I can see why I forgot about it.
Some heavy bidding on lots of stuff.
And postage added to each item, sometimes a fiver or so.
Can't help but wonder if a fair few folk end up paying more than they could have got stuff elsewhere.
I rarely use Wiggle these days anyway - they seem more interested in catering for fashionable racing snakes, cycling-the-new-golf folks.
Sweep

simonhill

Postby simonhill » 28 Aug 2020, 6:33pm

Speaking of Wiggle, I just looked up their CTC poly bags to carry on a tour as a 'just in case'. What used to be a fiver is now £10.20 plus 3 quid postage.

Then realised I have a Chinese bike cover that cost about 70 pence in a Japanese 100 yen shop. I'll have to see if they sell them in our pound shops.

Alternatively large heavy duty poly bags are about £2:30 each from wholesalers, but you need to buy a roll of 30 for £70-ish.

(Yes, I know you can get for free from bed shops, but they don't fold so well.)

RickH

Postby RickH » 19 Oct 2020, 1:07pm

I'd not bought anything from wiggle for a while but they had by far the best deal on something I was looking for (~£60 less) so I got it from them.

Ordered Monday afternoon (5th) with an estimated delivery of Friday. Despatched the following day (6th) & delivered the day after (Wednesday 7th).

I can't find anything to to complain about with that.

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 19 Nov 2020, 2:55pm

I was looking at Wiggle's cycling gloves.

I liked the look of the Flashlight ones.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-flashlight ... g-gloves-1
I measured my hand, and thought about Extra Large at 22-23cm circumference.

I checked out Chain Reaction ........... owned by Wiggle?
They have the Flashlight gloves too ........ at the same price of course.
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dhb ... prod192256

It seems CR and Wiggle don't agree on the XL size.
CR say XL is 24cm.

I asked Wiggle by putting a new question on their Q+A section only to have it refused!
Tried twice more using different wording ........ still refused! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall

Ride-sleep-repeat

Postby Ride-sleep-repeat » 25 Nov 2020, 1:51pm

I've ordered twice from Wiggle in the past two weeks and paid for next day delivery at £3.99 on both occasions.The first came after three days,the second came today at 13:00 despite being ordered at 19:00 yesterday!A bit hit and miss theses days but at least I got Haribo.