FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
Mike Sales

Re: FREE ENTERTAINMENT!

Post by Mike Sales »

Morzedec wrote:
I suppose that I'd better look for another pic. How's does his one grab everyone?:

Happy days,

Where do you locate black pudding land?
I would guess that I have visited most small harbours in Britain north of Lancashire/Yorkshire (if you leave out the Northern Isles), but I couldn't recognise this one.
I think it is just a bit too hard for a cycling forum.
I give up, where is it?
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Morzedec wrote:Buryman, hello,
More lollipops to buy! Dead right you are, the only one even close so far: it shows that there are some genuine touring cyclists on this Forum!

More or less on the final stretch up to Bentham, and already looking forward to reaching the chippy. I've always thought it a wonderful place to cycle through, and have often detoured off an easier route just for the pleasure.

Please advise where you would like the lollipops sent to; plenty of them still available in the shops (I've just come back from a ride, because I was out of that red mouthwash called 'Shiraz')

I suppose that I'd better look for another pic. How's does his one grab everyone?:

Happy days,

Shirly shum mishtake as that is the road up to The Cross of Greet not The Trough. It is in The Bowland Fells, mind. :-)

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Cug, morning; looks like I have to humbly apologise to superior knowledge. I've always known the road from Slaidburn to Bentham as the 'Trough', not being over-familiar with the name of every hill - as you are. Means that I'll have to go ride the road again one day, just to check if you are right (or I would, if I was allowed to stop isolating myself, could get home to France first, and then 'knock off' the thousands of other rides that I've promised myself first of all). Too many kilometers, too little time.

Mike Sales, 'jour, the harbour: not sure if you will have ridden an 'E to E'' or not. If you have, then you ought to remember (unless you were too knackered to be seeing anything by then), or if not - why not? Go do it, and then post again with the answer.

I have been a little surprised about the limited response to my pics: this is, after all, a Forum for touring cyclists, so I would have thought (hoped) that people would at least have been curious about where the locations are. Perhaps I ought to post a picture of a sofa with a computer on it?

Try this one instead.

Happy days,
Attachments
G.jpg
peetee

Post by peetee »

Godrevy, from Gwithian Towans. The river that the painter is standing by goes right past my living room window.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Maybe a twist to your thread would be whoever gets the location correct posts the next photo. If they don't have one then back to you.

It's nice to have a bit of light relief at the moment.
Cycling here in France is severely restricted so cycling home you'd get stopped by the flicks.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Morzedec wrote:Cug, morning; looks like I have to humbly apologise to superior knowledge. I've always known the road from Slaidburn to Bentham as the 'Trough', not being over-familiar with the name of every hill - as you are. Means that I'll have to go ride the road again one day, just to check if you are right (or I would, if I was allowed to stop isolating myself, could get home to France first, and then 'knock off' the thousands of other rides that I've promised myself first of all). Too many kilometers, too little time.

Mike Sales, 'jour, the harbour: not sure if you will have ridden an 'E to E'' or not. If you have, then you ought to remember (unless you were too knackered to be seeing anything by then), or if not - why not? Go do it, and then post again with the answer.

I have been a little surprised about the limited response to my pics: this is, after all, a Forum for touring cyclists, so I would have thought (hoped) that people would at least have been curious about where the locations are. Perhaps I ought to post a picture of a sofa with a computer on it?

Try this one instead.

Happy days,

Daubville sur Mer. :-)

There are many similar places about the Welsh coast, infested with daubers splashing their watercolours about willy-nilly then hanging them in local cafes with a ludicrous price tag attached. Personally I'm inclined to send them a small bill for hurting my eyes and refined artistic sensibilities.

Mind that one that's the subject of your guess-it post is "quite nice". :-)

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Peetee, morning,
Yes, dead right of course, it's Godrevy: unmistakable if you know it (or are related to Virginia Wolfe). Well done anyway, where would you like the lollipop sent to?

Franco Vendee, 'jour. I quite agree with you: my idea, when I started this nonsense, was that the 'winner' who identified one of my pics then posted one of their own - can't remember now, but hope I said that. So then, how would you like to be the first one to help me? Yes, it's all nonsense and quite deliberately so, trying to lighten the mood - but would you believe that I've had grief from some posters for being 'flippant and trivial in this time of crisis'. Amazingly (I think) tis true.

Mail yesterday from my farming neighbour in Deux-Sevres, confirming that he now needs a pass to travel around on his farm - but no word on whether the cows need one or not. I'd have to break the law every day: no car, no phone, no computer, no TV, and with the nearest shop 12km away, I'd be out cycling just to survive.

Just to make you feel at home, have a look at this one:

Happy days,
Attachments
Cycling through Vendee.JPG
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Some Trough of Bowland parts, including an ancient cyclist going over "Boundary" at the top (300M).

North slope
North slope

Marshaw
Marshaw

South side
South side

Hareden
Hareden

Two thirds 'round his 60-miler
Two thirds 'round his 60-miler

Cugel
John Maynard Keynes
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Cug, nice pics, of an area still relatively unknown to many Brits.

I once, when very much younger, used to live here ...........
Attachments
Farmhouse from the west.jpg
peetee

Post by peetee »

Ah, smug mode. Is it my turn then?
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Peetee, hello again;

Yes please: get posting! (but no holiday pics of girls in bikinis on a beach). Mind you, on second thoughts .................

Happy days,
peetee

Post by peetee »

How about this:
Attachments
1D1ECE3F-8367-4C03-818F-C6B11C3C619A.jpeg
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Aw, come on, Peetee, that's just far too easy:

It's McDonalds, in Tottenham Court Road.

On second thoughts .....................................
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Morzedec. Have you a spy camera installed in my house? I'm sorting out my photos and came across almost the same photo of the Bournezeau sign!
It's reminded me we've not cycled over that way for a few years, one to put on the list when this crazyness is over.

I'm happy to post a photo but it looks like Peetee has taken up the challenge.
Mine would be views of places in France so may be harder?
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

My spies are everywhere!

Franco, please do post a pic: anything to get people's minds engaged and stop them worrying about - well, what the worriers will always worry about, which is what they like to worry about, which is most anything really because it's the only time that they get a chance to express themselves. Chin up chest out me, life is what you make of it.

There ought to be enough genuine tourists on the Forum who have (a) been to France, or (b) would like to know what parts of France look like, or (c) are just bored with talking about loo rolls, to see your pics - so I await, breath bated, to see what you post.

Bournezeau is on one of my regular routes down from Roscoff to the Med, and the campsite fits in quite nicely with many others if we are ambling along at about 100km a day. The route is roughly (varies) Roscoff; Morlaix; Carhaix; Redon; Coueron; Montbert; Bournezeau; Cognac; Libourne; Agen; Toulouse; Beziers; and then whichever beach we decide upon.

Happy days,
Attachments
Camping Municipal Bournezeau 2016.JPG
Camping Municipal Bournezeau 2010.jpg