Dreams

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cyril Haearn

Dreams

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I like dreaming, but often I can not quite remember what I dreamt, one needs to make notes. Maybe one is not meant to remember

Just had a dream about a double chainset, 33-39, not sure why, I only have single chainsets, could never get a double to work :?
Last edited by Cyril Haearn on 25 Mar 2020, 9:53am, edited 1 time in total.
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
merseymouth

Re: Dreams

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Cyril, Could it be that you're really a bit of a crank? :shock: :lol: :lol: .
As long as you don't start having repeated un-shipping visions you should be OK :D . Just part of the chain of events that is life! MM
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Tonight you will dream you are a button on a pedestrian crossing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

According to the experts everyone dreams.If I do(and I must according to the experts) I never remember anything at all.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Just had a dream about Bernie Sanders, met him out cycling, he explained about supply-side economics
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
sjs

Post by sjs »

I once dreamt I sold a house to Gareth Malone. It wasn't any house I've ever owned, nor have I ever met Mr Malone or paid much attention to his programmes on the telly.
peetee

Post by peetee »

Thinking about it now I am sure that as I get older I am less aware of my dreams and their content. Is this normal?
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Rember a vivid one where I was called out of bed to Xray some patients at Haslar

I explained that I had left the Navy many years before, hadn't taken an Xray for some 15 years and the Hospital was closed, nut they were insistent. that I had to get up and do it.

When I awoke all became clear. There was an ambulance across the road and the blue light was flashing against the window.... exactly the way it used to do at the Xray on-call room all those years ago!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Does RNH Haslar still exist?

Absolutely no idea!
I know it wasn't far from RN Submarine School.

I spent much of my time in HMS Collingwood of course ........... and times and tides have moved on, and on and one and on and on .................
Mick F. Cornwall
peetee

Post by peetee »

Mick F wrote:Does RNH Haslar still exist?

Sold for development in 2009.
I have just read the wiki page and it includes a rather brief and puzzling mention of the cemetery - the sort of thing that would get the conspiracy theorists twitching. :?
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
millimole

Post by millimole »

I retired some 8 years ago due to depression and anxiety and I think this is why I still have vivid work related dreams. The content isn't disturbing in the least, just the fact that I'm still connected to that part of my life is unsettling.
Leicester; Riding my Hetchins since 1971; Day rides on my Dawes; Going to the shops on a Decathlon Hoprider
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

I've had some weird dreams with unconnected content. Jumping from one scenario to another.
One of the recurring themes though is trying to run but no matter how much effort I'm held back. Presumably the bed clothes are causing drag.
Always dream just before waking up. Is there a time when the dream goes on for ever. :roll:
(as long as it's not a nightmare.) :evil:
You'll never know if you don't try it.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

millimole wrote:I retired some 8 years ago due to depression and anxiety and I think this is why I still have vivid work related dreams. The content isn't disturbing in the least, just the fact that I'm still connected to that part of my life is unsettling.

I can relate to all of that, and it has happened to other people who I've talked to that have retired . I think memories of a long working life become hard wired in the brain some how. Mine tend to involve failure to complete a task of some sort, unsettling.
I've never had a work related payday dream unfortunately.
Nu-Fogey
fullupandslowingdown

Post by fullupandslowingdown »

work!!!??? I still get dreams about been at school and that's 4 decades ago. Mind you the teachers at mine were utter [moderated] and a few of my fellow inmates were also [more heavily moderated]
Dreams about flying, drowning, alien invasions, losing Sam.
I used to a bit, not so much now, have dreams in which I'd asked dad about something and he's give me a pearl of wisdom. He predicted the diesel scandal 30 years before it exploded.
Used to have delightful dreams about snakes as a young child. When I chatted to a work buddy, he didnae have a clue. He was adamant he never ever dreamed, let alone had nightmares.
Then there's the erotic dreams about [thoroughly, assiduously and intensively moderated you naughty boy]
jimlews

Post by jimlews »

Used to dream quite regularly that I was a Tepee.
Then I would dream that I was a marquee.
Went to the Quack and was told:
"don't worry, you're just to tense".