Whom do you resemble?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Re: Whom do you resemble?

Post by al_yrpal »

Pete, looking at your full face shots on Facebook I would say you closely resemble that Extinction Rebellion bloke from Burgess Hill! :lol:

MM, then like me you resemble a famous film star - congratulations! Perhaps Disney will offer you a nice lucrative meet and greet role at Disneyland? :lol: I am looking forward to an offer from the Batman franchise as a stunt double. :D

Al
Last edited by al_yrpal on 27 Mar 2020, 6:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
merseymouth

Re: Who do you resemble?

Post by merseymouth »

Hey Al, Being a "Stunt Double" is no way for you to Break into films, but as they say in the theatre "Break A Leg" :roll: :roll: :roll: MM
sjs

Post by sjs »

Returning to this thread it occurs to me that by now I'd have expected the grammar police to have complained that the who should be whom.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Title upgraded :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
gaz

Post by gaz »

I think I'm still getting out enough that were I to have any future descendants they would be Eloi rather than Morlocks.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

sjs wrote:Returning to this thread it occurs to me that by now I'd have expected the grammar police to have complained that the who should be whom.

Well I don't agree.
I think "who" is better here.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/gramma ... r/who-whom
RickH

Post by RickH »

I am increasingly concerned that either the mirrors I encounter have gone faulty (& display some haggard old bloke) or I no longer resemble myself anymore!
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

sjs wrote:Returning to this thread it occurs to me that by now I'd have expected the grammar police to have complained that the who should be whom.
Believe it or not, I ought to mention that I (surely the most vindictive grammar-police-officer this forum has ever seen :lol: ) did notice that minor solecism and decided not to bother about it. Use of the word "who" for the accusative is commonplace in modern English. The language is after all constantly changing.

Some errors I do have an issue with, though. But I know better than to mention each and every one of them....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

al_yrpal wrote:Pete, looking at your full face shots on Facebook I would say you closely resemble that Extinction Rebellion bloke from Burgess Hill! :lol:
You just be careful, Al. Or I'll re-locate you back in Luton, where I used to think you belonged... :lol:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Were you truly wafted here from Luton Airport?
Found a copyright of Cyril Smiths autobiography in my library, glad to report that I do not resemble him
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I don't recall him having a scruffy beard either!
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Thread resurrection alert

Am I the only one to notice a strong resemblance between BoJo and the PotUS?
Do they have the same hairdresser?
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

Unread postby Cyril Haearn » 11 Apr 2020, 12:27pm

Found a copyright of Cyril Smiths autobiography in my library, glad to report that I do not resemble him

Was nt he the subject of an investigation into his private life?He was involved in concealing the dangers of asbestos.He also left Labour to join the Liberals.He had a somewhat colourfulpersona which was matched by his poor judgement.It is surprisingb that such a burdened man reached 82.I do not think manyb attended his funeral.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I do / do not believe it, again
An American actor is the sexiest man alive, he looks just like me, lots of grey hair and beard :wink:
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

mumbojumbo wrote:
Unread postby Cyril Haearn » 11 Apr 2020, 12:27pm

Was nt he the subject of an investigation into his private life?He was involved in concealing the dangers of asbestos.He also left Labour to join the Liberals.He had a somewhat colourfulpersona which was matched by his poor judgement.It is surprisingb that such a burdened man reached 82.I do not think manyb attended his funeral.

"Sir Cyril Smith MBE MStJ DL (28 June 1928 – 3 September 2010) was a British serial sex offender and politician."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Smith

Jonathan