The Sun Newspaper Interviews

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Tinpotflowers

Post by Tinpotflowers »

I came across this YouTube site by accident.

As somebody who is left of centre and Green, I call myself an aggressive moderate I found these interviews interesting.

What is your view.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIzXay ... Npq-nD-h5g
Freddie

Re: The Sun Newspaper Interviews

Post by Freddie »

Is this what you wanted to link?

'Burning Questions'

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... SgTbKKxEev
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

In truth the Sun should never be classified as a newspaper, other than in the old sense, something you wrap fish in! MM
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

merseymouth wrote:In truth the Sun should never be classified as a newspaper, other than in the old sense, something you wrap fish in! MM

or if you cant find any bog roll
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

The Sun backed Tony Blair in his election campaigns.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Yes, the Sun backed Blair, Murdoch got his own puppet in power! At least the Daily Worker was an honest choice of bird cage liner for lefties :lol: :lol: :lol: . Talk about muddying the waters, Blair was nominally Labour, Murdoch rabid money grubber! So much for ethical voting. MM
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote:
merseymouth wrote:In truth the Sun should never be classified as a newspaper, other than in the old sense, something you wrap fish in! MM

I wouldn't tarnish my arris with it!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

merseymouth wrote:Yes, the Sun backed Blair, Murdoch got his own puppet in power! At least the Daily Worker was an honest choice of bird cage liner for lefties :lol: :lol: :lol: . Talk about muddying the waters, Blair was nominally Labour, Murdoch rabid money grubber! So much for ethical voting. MM

Spot on!
Last edited by reohn2 on 17 Apr 2020, 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Tinpotflowers wrote:As somebody who is left of centre and Green, I call myself an aggressive moderate I found these interviews interesting.

What is your view.
Well, Melanie Phillips used to write for The Guardian, changed her mind about a few things and was interviewed about it. It might be an interesting watch for some of the more open minded here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asQ8KFr ... ex=14&t=0s
sjs

Post by sjs »

Freddie wrote:
Tinpotflowers wrote:As somebody who is left of centre and Green, I call myself an aggressive moderate I found these interviews interesting.

What is your view.
Well, Melanie Phillips used to write for The Guardian, changed her mind about a few things and was interviewed about it. It might be an interesting watch for some of the more open minded here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asQ8KFr ... ex=14&t=0s

IIRC just about the last person to stand up for Andrew Wakefield and his MMR/Autism anti-vax claims. Perhaps she still does. And a bit of a creationist.
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

This prevents it being an interesting watch how?
PH

Post by PH »

Freddie wrote: Well, Melanie Phillips used to write for The Guardian, changed her mind about a few things and was interviewed about it. It might be an interesting watch for some of the more open minded here:

She's the reason I stopped listening to The Moral Maze, she seems to think she has the monopoly on morality and doesn't like being disagreed with. I half caught some recent nonsense from her about the current pandemic (Which I think she's calling the Chinese Virus), apparently it's the fault of communism and only Israel has the answers. I doubt she's ever changed her mind about anything, rather she's found the right (in both senses) home for the ideas she's always held.
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Well, how many people do enjoy being disagreed with, very few from my experience and no more on average on the left than the right. Certainly there are a set of ideas that are best left unchallenged here, as the consensus is a certain way and has a number of defenders, not that it makes here much different from anywhere else.

Anyway, who is it politically divergent from yourself that your enjoy listening to. How often does a mind change, if not by being exposed to new ideas, which will sometimes include some bad or wrong ideas. Do you know of any one person who is correct on everything?

I know a few people that think of themselves that way, but I doubt others see them in quite the same light.

At any rate, the OP only said the interviews were interesting, which doesn't necessitate a change of mind on his part.
hondated

Post by hondated »

reohn2 wrote:
mercalia wrote:

I wouldn't tarnish my arris with it!

+ 1
Hillsborough :cry:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

There are some people so far up their own backside they can't see daylight,Melanie Phillips is firmly in that category
W H Auden