Carrera Vengeance Ebike battery problem

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
tommyh7

Carrera Vengeance Ebike battery problem

Post by tommyh7 »

Hi all i have a carrera vengeance but i have a issue i plugged in the charger all went well the light turned red after about 1.5 hours fully charged but still saying battery is low when i press mode button it goes to three lights then flashes then defaults back to one then all three lights on the mode start to flash with battery still showing low?
Attachments
IMG_20200509_124214.jpg
tim-b

Re: carrera

Post by tim-b »

Hi
I always suspect the battery in those types of scenario. Halfords stores will deal with customers, albeit at a distance
Regards
tim-b
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
tommyh7

Post by tommyh7 »

Hi yea i suspected the battery as well but i have tested the battery and that is fine so the only other thing i can think it is the display it self but having trouble trying to find one
tommyh7

Post by tommyh7 »

our would you know were i could buy one or if anyone on here has a spare display that is compatible with the carrera i would buy thanks
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

When you say you've tested the battery have you tested that it delivers full power and that it has retained its full capacity? I'd take it back to Halfords. If you do any work on the bike yourself you'll probably void the warranty and if the problem does turn out to be more than the display (which it could well be) you'll be stuck with an expensive fix at the least.
tommyh7

Post by tommyh7 »

yea just tested it with my multi meter i read somewhere that somebody had the same issue there the display water manged to get into it i did notice mine had a small crack in the plastic casing so could be possible just clutching at straws hopefull that all it is
tommyh7

Re: Carrera Vengeance Ebike battery problem

Post by tommyh7 »

right i don't now if this is the right way to turn on a carrera vengeance as i have never had one but it is working now what i did is turn it on but at the same time hold done the mode button the 4 lights come on and then they stayed on showing full battery pressed the mode button 123 no problem now all working