George Longstaff cycle stolen

margarethearn

George Longstaff cycle stolen

Post by margarethearn »

My made to measure George Longstaff was stolen from Westwood Medical Centre, Tile Hill Lane, Coventry on Thursday 7th May sometime between 8.30 am and 1pm whilst I was at work (I am a practice nurse)
Bike Description
Made to measure George Longstaff touring bike, traditional diamond frame with crossbar, Reynolds 531 tubing in a metallic purple with GEO. LONGSTAFF in white on the down tube. 700cc wheels, approx 20.5" frame. Basic black carrier on the back and bracket for trailer attaching on the seat pin. Drop handlebars with black bar tape.
Attachments
image.jpeg
diapason

Re: George Longstaff cycle stolen

Post by diapason »

Very sorry to read this - I saw it on Facebook recently too.

Very likely that the scumbags don't know the value of what they have. Worth looking on ebay, gumtree etc and alerting local bike shops. It could also have been dumped somewhere - good idea to put up posters in thge area and ask local businesses and the corporation if there is any CCTV footage.

Good luck in getting it back. It's sickening!
Advena ego sum in Terra
margarethearn

Post by margarethearn »

Thank you to everyone who has been looking out for my bike. I guess the thieves realised they couldn't sell it on as it was found dumped. The person who found it is not a cyclist but had seen a picture of it on Facebook and recognised it. There are still kind, helpful people out there.
The saddle, seat pin and trailer bracket were not recovered with it.
If anyone has a Bikehod seat pin fitting trailer attachment they don't want, I could give it a good home!!
It's really nice to have my bike back. :)
pwa

Post by pwa »

margarethearn wrote:Thank you to everyone who has been looking out for my bike. I guess the thieves realised they couldn't sell it on as it was found dumped. The person who found it is not a cyclist but had seen a picture of it on Facebook and recognised it. There are still kind, helpful people out there.
The saddle, seat pin and trailer bracket were not recovered with it.
If anyone has a Bikehod seat pin fitting trailer attachment they don't want, I could give it a good home!!
It's really nice to have my bike back. :)

Great news.
boblo

Post by boblo »

Fantastic news!
diapason

Post by diapason »

So pleased you got it back relatively intact! I wish the police could catch the scum who took it and give them a public whipping!

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

Do you still need the Bike Hod seatpin bracket? I have a spare somewhere which you are welcome to have - let me know and I'll hunt it out.
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

I'm a bit late to the party but I'm so pleased to hear that you got your bike back.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.