I notice that Mhara has left us.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
meic

I notice that Mhara has left us.

Post by meic »

I noticed a lack of postings of late, so I had a look at her name on an old posting and it is "deactivated".
Yma o Hyd
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

Yes.

She is missed by me.

I have tried to contact her via a friend of hers who also hangs out here.

She left very soon after the 'orientation' thread ....

Mhara: if you read this ... do get in touch ... and ... best wishes to you.
Dee
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Dee Jay wrote:She left very soon after the 'orientation' thread ....

That's true.
She's gone.

Sad.
Mick F. Cornwall
jan19

Post by jan19 »

It would be a shame if she was upset by something posted on this board - I come on here because in the main people are considerate to others' views and although there may be the occasional clash of opinions, they are the exception rather than the norm.

Jan

:(
Simon L6

Post by Simon L6 »

a great shame
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

I have pondered this issue, and not really arrived at a concrete conclusion.

What was interesting about the thread is that many folks did learn something from it, and that those who appeared to be locking horns all 'kissed and made up' by the end of it.. But, I did get the sense that Mhara was left with a feeling of resignation that the Forum was not quite 'ready'. I think that she said something to that effect? I must add that I'm not wishing to speak for her in any way, we have not been in contact, and I also am not wishing to put words in her mouth.

We did exchange occasional/regular PMs and I think that the Forum is the poorer for her absence.
Dee
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The last time I saw mhara's name on a post it was labelled 'guest'.

Now, if you look at a post which started on the old forum, all the posters are labelled 'guest'.

BUT the only other member of the new forum labelled 'guest' that I am aware of is Terry T (OP in the 'Pictures of your bike' sticky in Teashop.)

Now, when 'e slung 'is 'ook, he held a leaving do, or at least he publicly demanded that he should be changed to 'guest' status.

Mmmm
patricktaylor

Post by patricktaylor »

meic, well spotted, and well posted.

In over ten years of contributing to web forums this one is the nearest I've come across to being a real community, where someone actually notices - and cares - that another member has gone missing.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mick F. Cornwall
Dean

Post by Dean »

Maybe his* work is done and the village of Sipson has been saved...? :D

*I assume.
jan19

Post by jan19 »

I've just logged on and noticed Reohn2 has now changed colour in the name field - indicating guest.

Is something going on here - he (I assume it was a he) was a regular like Mhara?

As someone else said, you do feel this forum has a "family" feel to it unlike some. Shame if its losing members.

Jan

:(
Si

Post by Si »

Reohn2, like mhara, left of his own accord, for his own reasons...fear not, no conspiracy, no one is taking us out one by one (well, not yet anyway)!
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Well, I'm very sorry to see r2 go. It's also a pity that he seems to have chosen to burn his boats, rather than leave the way open for a later return.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I know R2 has had is ups and downs on here over the years, but in the past he's just taken time out and returned in his own good time.

This time seems more permanent.

We'll miss him. I know I will.

TTFN, John.
Mick F. Cornwall
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Me too.

R2 arranged for me and my other half to test ride his tandem to see what we thought. Great guy, shame he feels he's had enough.