French Campsites are open?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
francovendee

Re: French Campsites are open?

Post by francovendee »

Quarantine on arriving from the UK is only voluntary, no fines and no enforcement.

It's definitely tit for tat, the French can't understand the UK govt reasoning. Crossing other european borders into France it isn't required.

I think nobody would be asked for information about arrival date in France if booking into a campsite.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

francovendee wrote:Quarantine on arriving from the UK is only voluntary, no fines and no enforcement.

It's definitely tit for tat, the French can't understand the UK govt reasoning. Crossing other european borders into France it isn't required.

I think nobody would be asked for information about arrival date in France if booking into a campsite.

Can anyone understand UK government reasoning? They left the doors wide open from March and close them now.
John
mjr

Post by mjr »

Oldjohnw wrote:
francovendee wrote:Quarantine on arriving from the UK is only voluntary, no fines and no enforcement.

Can anyone understand UK government thinking? They left the doors wide open from March and close them now.

I understand it as there's no point worrying whether the front door's locked when the house is on fire, but now the fire's out, it's a good idea to stop the arsonists getting back in.

Of course, the flaw is that the UK's current policy is indiscriminate and stops everyone getting in - or out, thanks to entirely predictable reciprocal moves.

I think it's government by overreaction and analogy. Stung by criticism that Boris spent February wibbling nonsense about the UK responding to the novel coronavirus by being "ready to take off its Clark Kent spectacles and leap into the phone booth and emerge with its cloak flowing as the supercharged champion" (yes, he really said that) and not issuing a general border quarantine order when we were surrounded by countries in worse health, they've learned the wrong lesson and applied it at the wrong time, when we're surrounded by others doing better than we are.

The Johnson government seems toxic to tourism and travel.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

I can't understand it. The house is on fire but it's okay to add a bit more combustible material at a time when the fire service could be overwhelmed?
Certainly bad news for the travel sector. Perhaps it won't be renewed. :?:
mjr

Post by mjr »

There's already more combustible material than the fire can use and locking the door also hinders the fire brigade.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

All the more reason not to have added more. Now infection coming from Europe is much less of a problem. I'd understand the rationale if the infection numbers in the UK we're lower than the rest of Europe.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Well, left it to the last minute, but have paid.

Fingers crossed.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Just back from a visit to the Gironde. The camping municipal sites at Blaye and Bourg were both closed but everything is set to open. I suspect this will be in July.
Commercial campsites near me are already open.
I think by July things here will be back to normal(ish)
IMG_20200620_115336_HDR.jpg

The photo was taken on Saturday in Saintes.