Liberated by Dominic Cummings!

Oldjohnw

Re: Liberated by Dominic Cummings!

Post by Oldjohnw »

mikeymo wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:This is ridiculous. He said it. It is irrelevant that it was reported in the Guardian. Cummings is a self confessed believer in eugenics.

Yes, you are completely and utterly right. Your totally credible evidence and concrete proof have utterly convinced me.

Still, it's a good thing he changed his mind after listening to the scientists, eh?

I'm not presenting any proof. I am saying that if he said it, where it was reported was irrelevant.

Please note you quoted me before I corrected an error.
John
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

Oldjohnw wrote:In any case, it was first reported in the Times which is owned by Rupert Murdoch.

I think it was the Sunday Times, which is indeed a NewCorp (Rupert Murdoch) publication. As you would have noticed I pointed out if you'd bothered to read past the first line of a post not completely agreeing with the obviously true and undeniable assertion.

So tell me, if the fact that there was an article in the Guardian about it is irrelevant, is the fact that the original allegation was in the Sunday Times also irrelevant? Which side do you like your bias buttered on?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

mikeymo wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:In any case, it was first reported in the Times which is owned by Rupert Murdoch.

I think it was the Sunday Times, which is indeed a NewCorp (Rupert Murdoch) publication. As you would have noticed I pointed out if you'd bothered to read past the first line of a post not completely agreeing with the obviously true and undeniable assertion.

So tell me, if the fact that there was an article in the Guardian about it is irrelevant, is the fact that the original allegation was in the Sunday Times also irrelevant? Which side do you like your bias buttered on?

You've lost me.
John
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

Oldjohnw wrote:
mikeymo wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:This is ridiculous. He said it. It is irrelevant that it was reported in the Guardian. Cummings is a self confessed believer in eugenics.

Yes, you are completely and utterly right. Your totally credible evidence and concrete proof have utterly convinced me.

Still, it's a good thing he changed his mind after listening to the scientists, eh?

I'm not presenting any proof. I am saying that if he said it, where it was reported was irrelevant.

Please note you quoted me before I corrected an error.

I'm sure there's no need for the extra "if". I don't suppose the defamation suit will extend as far as this forums!
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

Oldjohnw wrote:
mikeymo wrote:

You've lost me.

Pedal faster, and you should be able to keep up.
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

The original (I think), relevant paragraph:

"At a private engagement at the end of February, Cummings outlined the government’s strategy. Those present say it was “herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad”."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-ten-days-that-shook-britain-and-changed-the-nation-for-ever-spz6sc9vb

Notice how the words aren't actually attributed directly to Dominic Cummings. "it was..." So, what gives? Is this the "taken out of context" and/or "misrepresented" excuse that others involved in politics so often use to refute allegations? Like the scruffy old man, you know, the one with the dodgy bike and ill fitting jacket, looks like Steptoe, anyway, him. It looks a bit like "those present" sorta kinda remembered some stuff. But that's plural - "those present". How does that work then, did the journalist interview them separately, but they all said exactly the same thing? It's in quotes, after all. Or maybe as the words aren't attributed directly to Dominic Cummings, he can't sue, is that it? Still, mud sticks, and all that, eh?

Apparently he definitely said it on Twitter. But it's been deleted now.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

mikeymo wrote:

AIUI the Govt. deliberately moved infected old folk from hospitals into care homes. Big mistake!

As a Govt advisor I guess Cummings was present at the time the decision was taken?
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

PDQ Mobile wrote:
mikeymo wrote:

AIUI the Govt. deliberately moved infected old folk from hospitals into care homes. Big mistake!

As a Govt advisor I guess Cummings was present at the time the decision was taken?

I don't think he was. The Cabinet Office minutes for that meeting - cobra4232\cvd23q\32.4 - show that he wasn't present but that Chris Whitty, the Chief Medical Officer, was.
Last edited by mikeymo on 17 Jun 2020, 12:15am, edited 1 time in total.
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

PDQ Mobile wrote:
mikeymo wrote:

"The Government"?

Is it this policy you're talking about?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/880288/COVID-19_hospital_discharge_service_requirements.pdf

This author https://robintilbrook.blogspot.com/2020/04/did-nhs-management-deliberately-spread.html makes some pertinent points, namely:

"It is worth noticing, that although the notification talks about it being issued under HM Government and “Crown Copyright”, it does not identify who has issued these regulations, i.e. the specific individuals. Nor does the directive make clear what the legislative source of the legal validity of this directive is.

This means that it may not be the product of a decision by an actual Minister, but it may be instead a product only of some Senior Managers within the NHS acting on behalf of the Establishment within the NHS. "

P.S. I've just noticed that geezer, whoever he is, is from the "English Democrats". Remind me again, are the English Democrats nice or nasty? I need to know whether I should agree with him or not.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

^^
But it may well be the Govt?
Your quote suggests it might be?

The buck stops with the Heath Secretary I guess and by some association with the Cabinet.

If Cummings is an advisor then he advises?

Or is he just employed as a media spin merchant?
It is probably the latter, it is his special area, influencing public opinion.

"Take back control".
Ha, the only control is mostly unseen and pernicious.

Unredacted Russian Report now!
Or the rest is tosh.
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

PDQ Mobile wrote:........is tosh.

You said it.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Yep .. And I meant it. :shock:
crankypeddler

Post by crankypeddler »

I used the inverted commas in Government just to highlight that they were elected, but only a Government in name. I have no intention of voting for these clowns. The brains in this country are not in politics. They are in other occupations earning more money.
Lately I feel like I have just come out of Dr Who's tardis and landed in the 1930's, apart from when I ride my bike, which is fairly modern by 1930's standard.
Keep riding folks.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

crankypeddler wrote:Lately I feel like I have just come out of Dr Who's tardis and landed in the 1930's...

I think that we'd all be wise to reread the history of the 1930s.

Jonathan
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

..I will not validate this person's existence through spending my own leisure time considering him.. and have decided that the time I employed in sending him my whitworth nuts and bolts in objection and disgust of his behaviour was a wasted endeavour.
It is my hope that Dan Dare arrives soon to save us from his influence. I will not be drawn into discussing him any further.