Introductions - tell us about yourself

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Firebird

Firebird...

Post by Firebird »

Real name Sylvia

Hobbies cycling (natch), hill walking, reading, photography. Just bought a caravan but I shall not be haunting motorists with it, it's going on a permanent site!

Make short documentary films when I can, the "day" job is a Community Development Officer based in a High School. Basically means getting our kids out doing productive work in the community (sweeping chimneys, etc, only joking) and also getting the community into school to use our facilities by way of evening classes, art related events and all sorts of interesting stuff.

Live in Lowton now, have previously lived in North Wales for 10 years, and in Yorkshire for 10 years.

Cycles are an old Universal folding bike (called "Tyke Bike") which I bought for a tenner and which got me pedalling again: also got a hybrid cheapie for slightly longer trips and fingers crossed I am getting a Claude Butler for my charity bike ride next year.
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

Hello to everyone!
Dee
fonty1978

Post by fonty1978 »

Hello Everyone

My real name is Howard and I live near Manchester. Age 30 just.

Job is a Project Technician within a Engineering company.

I used to bike quite a bit when i was younger and was recently awakened to cycling when i bought a bike through my company's RTW scheme.

Currently doing 50 miles a week on my steed.

Bike = Scott Sportster p45 with added pannier rack, full length mudguards. Also 2 new tyres fitted while the bike was a month old after having 9 punctures in 4 weeks :x Since fitting the Schwalbe Marathon cross not had a puncture in 3 months!! [Knocks nearest piece of timber]
theking54

Post by theking54 »

Hi all.My real name is Anthony,age 54,married,Maintenance Engineer by trade.I have two bikes,Raleigh Royal and Raleigh Classic 15.My wife uses a Nigel Dean Tour Ace,what ever happen to him?
wheelymad

Hello!

Post by wheelymad »

Hi all.

Real name - Steve

Live/Cycle - commute London.

Cycle toured Uk, E. Africa, S.America, Canada, Cuba, Sri-Lanka, France - many times, Switzerland, Hungary, Austria, Croatia, Serbia, Greece, Laos & Thailand.

Bike - Roberts' "Roughstuff".
Genesis Rider

Newbie springs forth

Post by Genesis Rider »

Occupation: Contracts Manager/Buyer for a Pharmaceutical company or as I have been told, I am a drug dealer and take contracts out on people)

Married, 20 years, two kids, daughter has Down's syndrome and is the reason I cycle, I started riding the Capital to Coast for the DSA and never looked back (too dangerous)

Financial Status: Bought shares in Banks - what do YOU think!

Interests (apart from cycling): Reading Discworld books. Chess, Losing money in ever increasing numbers on the Stock Market, winding up Americans/ The French/The Germans, and if none of them about the Scots.
spikegomez

Post by spikegomez »

Hi.
its nice to have here right...

My Real Name: Spike

Thanks ....
bikely-challenged

Post by bikely-challenged »

Hello and welcome all :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: The above constitutes my personal opinion only on any given subject. Other opinions are available.
sadjack

Post by sadjack »

Hi to all.

Real name is Tony

And remember "Its not the critic who counts"
alan-82

Post by alan-82 »

name. alan
age. 26 3/4
occupation. groundsman for large landscaping company
hobbies/interests. mtb's, motorbikes, motorsports(moto gp, f1 etc) fishing(pike),reading, walking, camping, kayaking
married, no kids yet.
Edmundro

Post by Edmundro »

Resides: Hackney in east London
Occupation: Groundsman/driver/2nd climber for small Tree Surgery firm and loving every minute of it(except climbing spikey robinias in the rain t'other day)
Not married but live with my wonderful girlfriend Lizzy.
No kids.
When i grow up.....: I want to live in the woods and run a company building bespoke tree houses/play equipment from sustainable timber.
Hobbies: Cycling, rock climbing, tinkering in general, trained guitar maker but don't have workshop at the mo :cry: , hedgelaying, learning to slackline, juggling, used to skateboard a lot more, really should get back into it.... , my vw, collecting old woodworking/rural tools yadda yadda yadda.
My Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker tourer, Giant Bowery ss, Proper Houdini BMX hack bike(is tiny, has 1 brake yet weighs about as much as the Surly)

What's next? Climbing the sea cliffs on Portland island in a couple of weeks

Climbing trees is fun, climbing trees with a chainsaw is another kind of fun entirely
Si

Post by Si »

Nice splittie! I used to have a 1/4 share in a pair of them but not as smart as yours.

Oh, bikes aren't bad either :wink:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Not convinced about the carpet, but the laminate is ok!

Welcome to The Forum!

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

Regards,
Mick.
moosling

Post by moosling »

Er, hello. I'm not really in the UK at all, but I'm sneaking onto this forum as it seems like it will be a handy sort of place for planning an upcoming trip.

I'm an Australian who's living in Canada at the moment, with a Surly LHT sitting in storage waiting for me to stop playing in the snow and ice and go cycling in Summer 2009. A few weeks in Japan, then flying on to Dublin and as much of the rest of Europe as we can manage from mid-June onwards.

(Meanwhile my other bikes will be languishing at home - one hardtail MTB, one single-speed, one fixie built from an old track frame, one unicycle... not to mention the 4 sets of skis, the climbing gear... )
nosmo king

Post by nosmo king »

Hi everyone,
The name comes from a 1930's comedian who wanted a stage name and saw the no smoking sign above the theatre door!
Real name is Darryl,living in North Wales. 45 years old.
been cycling since 13 when I had a bright red chopper ( ooh er missus!!)
Had a custom built Harry Hall tourer for 23 years, just retired the old girl and got a Claud Butler Regent. Not a bad bike but the HUGE tyres will have to go. Done the LEJOG many years ago. Only day/weekend rides these days though.
Cheers! :D
Darryl