What has the bike stuff fairy brought you today?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Marcus Aurelius

Re: What has the bike stuff fairy brought you today?

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

F22B7108-2EBB-4F9C-828C-13BC9801200F.jpeg

Some decent brake pads for the Bianchi today. The fade on the OEM pads was not ideal on a fast descent, at the weekend, so these should ( hopefully) improve things somewhat.
Marcus Aurelius

A18A38E7-A5F5-435A-9D63-14A057932027.jpeg

A load of new shiny. Oakley Jawbreakers ( in Celeste ) a Bianchi owners club ass saver, and a Bianchi owners club cycle cap. Lovely.
99.9%certain

Post by 99.9%certain »

Shimano Ultegra Di2 Dérailleur

That's the project 99.9% built..
Just need a chain and pedals and it'll be ready to play with the software to index the gears 8) Can't wait to test ride it but it will be the end of the month before I do.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Marcus Aurelius wrote:Some decent brake pads for the Bianchi today. The fade on the OEM pads was not ideal on a fast descent, at the weekend, so these should ( hopefully) improve things somewhat.

They look like they are for the newer Shimano flat mount R7000/8000/9000 caliipers? I'm looking for alternatives to Shimano pads and Nukeproof don't do pads for my R7070 brakes, I'm guessing they focus on the MTB market more than the road market.
Marcus Aurelius

Redvee wrote:
Marcus Aurelius wrote:Some decent brake pads for the Bianchi today. The fade on the OEM pads was not ideal on a fast descent, at the weekend, so these should ( hopefully) improve things somewhat.

They look like they are for the newer Shimano flat mount R7000/8000/9000 caliipers? I'm looking for alternatives to Shimano pads and Nukeproof don't do pads for my R7070 brakes, I'm guessing they focus on the MTB market more than the road market.

I bought them from Tredz. If you select those particular pads, you get an explanation of which number pads, fit which callipers. Those particular Swiss stops, cover all sorts of applications, they’re all listed on the purchase page.
99.9%certain

Post by 99.9%certain »

Marcus Aurelius wrote:F22B7108-2EBB-4F9C-828C-13BC9801200F.jpeg
Some decent brake pads for the Bianchi today. The fade on the OEM pads was not ideal on a fast descent, at the weekend, so these should ( hopefully) improve things somewhat.

What are the OEM brakes/pads and where was the descent that caused the fade?
I've got Hydros on the new build and have fitted 140mm rotors.If fade is a problem I might stick a 160mm on the front.I've never suffered fade on the MTB with a 200/180 set up.
Marcus Aurelius

FDE99535-44D1-467D-B3D6-4FB221151E34.jpeg

A lovely shiny new Kask Protone lid for me today.
freeflow

Post by freeflow »

The Hermes courier brought me some handle bar tape and inner tubes on Monday. Unfortunately she didn't like the response I gave when she asked if I still thought Hermes service was poor so left taking my package with her. The last time I checked the package was on its way back to Wiggle. It's nigh on impossible to contact a person at Hermes customer service.
Marcus Aurelius

freeflow wrote:The Hermes courier brought me some handle bar tape and inner tubes on Monday. Unfortunately she didn't like the response I gave when she asked if I still thought Hermes service was poor so left taking my package with her. The last time I checked the package was on its way back to Wiggle. It's nigh on impossible to contact a person at Hermes customer service.

Yep, Hermes are exceptional.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

50 Rema patches and some glue.
nigelnightmare

Post by nigelnightmare »

freeflow wrote:The Hermes courier brought me some handle bar tape and inner tubes on Monday. Unfortunately she didn't like the response I gave when she asked if I still thought Hermes service was poor so left taking my package with her. The last time I checked the package was on its way back to Wiggle. It's nigh on impossible to contact a person at Hermes customer service.

The lesson to be learned from this is.....

…..Don't upset your Hermes courier. :lol:
At least not until after you've taken delivery. :wink:

I have no problems with mine,
She would even deliver items to my bedridden wife, right to the bedside.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Marcus Aurelius wrote:I bought them from Tredz. If you select those particular pads, you get an explanation of which number pads, fit which callipers. Those particular Swiss stops, cover all sorts of applications, they’re all listed on the purchase page.

Got a pair of mine today, Tredz were out of stock so went elsewhere who had them listed as unisex brake pads :?

My local Hermes courier is a girl who delivers parcels using her car. I'd seen her in the area delivering before but it wasn't till I had a parcel being sent to my old address that I had to redirect to the LBS that I found out she delivered for Hermes. Her car is quite distinctive so easy to spot in the street. I wish I could collect from the local depot as I ride past it on the way home from work.
ratherbeintobago

Post by ratherbeintobago »

Turbo!

Wahoo Kickr Snap. So I can now return the borrowed-for-lockdown one to its owner.
Marcus Aurelius

AC43C5CC-9A88-4393-A66A-9B0FFE52510F.jpeg

I’ve needed one of these for years. It’s a cartridge BB removal socket tool, on a stick. It means I won’t need to risk my shins, by using the separate BB socket , with an adjustable spanner. I often find I have to stand on the spanner to release the collars on the sealed cartridge BBs. It’s fun when it slips off. It will be easier to tighten the new collars up too.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

Not in the post but we picked this up Sunday, so the good lady doesn't have to leave her best bike outside the shops, cost us £15 plus about £4 in petrol.
On top of that it's had new cables (£1.50 for all 4 :D ) and a used Specialized Pro front tyre that was on my Globe, the only other thing aside from adjustments to gearing and brakes was replacing the broken front mudguard with one salvaged from a 60s 26" bike almost 20 years ago that was nearly put in with the metal recycling last week.

I rode her across town and she did ok, rear guard caught a little when cornering really hard and the front one vibrates like crazy despite being very securely fitted, there's a hop or two in the wheels, otherwise she's a decent runner for £20.50
s-l1600.jpg