Do You Ever Go To The Beach?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Do You Ever Go To The Beach?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 26

mercalia

Re: Do You Ever Go To The Beach?

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote: Ruislip London

well there is a nice circular ride around the lake and also a large minature railway on the right hand side - never seen it work though. After the ride pop into the pub on the other side.
peetee

Post by peetee »

Mick F wrote:Yes, we go to the beach, but NEVER any like the ones in the news.

All sorts of beaches, and I cannot understand for the life of me why anyone wants to lie on a beach with thousands of people around them.

Too true. Find me an empty bit of coast And I’m happy. Those recent images are more like a Hieronymus Bosch than a holiday beach.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Love to go and sit on a beach.

White noise from the sea, plenty of fun and learning for the kids (grown up ones as well).

Take a swim if you like...
Mostly though, it’s a nice place to get away from any commitments - that’s the attraction for many people
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Best to check the tide tables before travelling
Penmaenmawr beach regularly, or un-regularly, disappears and reappears. Met a dog called Kipper there once, a dogfish? :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Best to check the tide tables before travelling
Penmaenmawr beach regularly, or un-regularly, disappears and reappears. Met a dog called Kipper there once, a dogfish? :wink:

Nah, just look out of the window...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
ossie

Post by ossie »

Cyril Haearn wrote:The pictures are taken with long lenses, there is lots of space really :wink:

Correct. Its eight miles long. Drone shots from around the pier show plenty of space.

We've had a beach hut down here for generations. Yesterday was no different to any other heatwave. We dropped our daughter and friends down and they were laughing at the declared 'state of emergency'....she sent us a video and there was plenty of social distancing on the beach and in the queues at the kiosks and toilets. There was no gridlock either but people always park everywhere.

People also forget half a million people actually live here and from what I could see many locals were down enjoying the beach including half my street.

Rubbish is an issue mind but always has been. The council have basically failed in their duty to deal with these crowds, they simply have their head in the sand and are more intent on arguing with the Government than actually dealing with local issues ie opening more public toilets , emptying the bins and assisting the general public so they can enjoy their day out instead of stomping around telling them to go home.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

This was our local beach last week:
2006-310-TG5.jpg

We just about squeezed on. :lol:
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I hope you're not agoraphobic?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Been to Benidorm a few times, but only in November.

Excellent holiday, not busy, nice weather, nice shops, good bars and food, almost empty beaches you can walk on for miles.
Mick F. Cornwall