Mc D's are back.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Mc D's are back.

Post by Mick F »

pete75 wrote:This guy knows how to deal with the likes of Mc D. [youtube]-eREiQhBDIk[/youtube]
Wonderful!
Does the movie go on further?
Love to watch it right through.
:D
Mick F. Cornwall
ossie

Post by ossie »

Oldjohnw wrote:
ossie wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:The ideal trip appears to be:

Park illegally some where in Dorset
Camp on the beach at Bournemouth
Buy a McD's
Get drunk
Leave 40 tonnes of rubbish and beat up the rubbish collectors
Defecate in the McD box and leave it in the sand

Oh! to be in England.

PS and while you're at it, you may as well do your bit to bring about a second wave of the virus. And as the government is trying to build airbridges with EU holiday areas you have to wonder, will Brits be welcome?

Don't believe the council hype. This happens every summer, the current council are incapable of dealing with it.

If you say so.

Indeed. The beach is eight miles long. What happened was nothing much out of the ordinary. It happens every year( every time we have a mini heatwave)..... this year the press and his dog took a few selective pictures and the anti Tory council leader ramped up the rhetoric.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I'm glad you're ok about 40 tonnes of rubbish on your beach. Just another day at the seaside. I did note that, despite you thinking that the complaints were just anti-Tory, Tory MPs and Cabinet Ministers took this seriously.
John
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

From Cumbria police yesterday evening:

Our teams and those of our partners have spoken to over 200 individuals tonight. From 20 people partying on catbells, to people camping with fires on summit cairns, to people who’ve driven miles down paths to camp, to drunken camps by tarns and everything in between.

Presumably just trick photography.
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Oldjohnw wrote:From Cumbria police yesterday evening:

Our teams and those of our partners have spoken to over 200 individuals tonight. From 20 people partying on catbells, to people camping with fires on summit cairns, to people who’ve driven miles down paths to camp, to drunken camps by tarns and everything in between.

That's 200 people in Cumbria though. There's an awful lot of Cumbria - I mean it's 1/3 the size of Wales :D
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Yes. There was a 500 person rave in London. London's big and is home to millions so I guess the police should just have ignored it.
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Oldjohnw wrote:Yes. There was a 500 person rave in London. London's big and is home to millions so I guess the police should just have ignored it.

Who is saying that should be ignored? Of course it needs to be addressed ona. public order and pandemic-linked basis.

All I've contributed to the thread is, I hope some perspective and deflation of the occasional bit of hyperbole :D
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:Yes. There was a 500 person rave in London. London's big and is home to millions so I guess the police should just have ignored it.

Who is saying that should be ignored? Of course it needs to be addressed ona. public order and pandemic-linked basis.

All I've contributed to the thread is, I hope some perspective and deflation of the occasional bit of hyperbole :D

And all I did was quote either the police or local council. I exaggerated nothing.
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Oldjohnw wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:

And all I did was quote either the police or local council. I exaggerated nothing.

I did say on the thread. I was making a comment about the generality thereof, I hoped by clearly separating the two sentences.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Who is saying that should be ignored? Of course it needs to be addressed ona. public order and pandemic-linked basis.

I did say on the thread. I was making a comment about the generality thereof, I hoped by clearly separating the two sentences.

Fair enough. And it was others who claimed trick photography or anti-Tory rhetoric.
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Oldjohnw wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:

Fair enough. And it was others who claimed trick photography or anti-Tory rhetoric.

TBF, taking a photo like that does foreshorten things, such as the 'along the beach' shots - something which didn't exactly undermine the thrust of the story.No trick, more technique, shall we say?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I did say on the thread. I was making a comment about the generality thereof, I hoped by clearly separating the two sentences.

TBF, taking a photo like that does foreshorten things, such as the 'along the beach' shots - something which didn't exactly undermine the thrust of the story.No trick, more technique, shall we say?

Yes, I know. But unless someone actually lied - of course, always possibly - 40 tonnes plus stabbings and excrement is as it was. No camera technique. If that is normal at Bournemouth (which I doubt) I imagine it's high time it was addressed. With draconian methods.
John
pete75

Post by pete75 »

ossie wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
ossie wrote:
Don't believe the council hype. This happens every summer, the current council are incapable of dealing with it.

If you say so.

Indeed. The beach is eight miles long. What happened was nothing much out of the ordinary. It happens every year( every time we have a mini heatwave)..... this year the press and his dog took a few selective pictures and the anti Tory council leader ramped up the rhetoric.

Yes I'm sure Bournemouth gets lots of visitors each year. It's a seaside resort which sets out to attract them. It doesn't, as far as I'm aware, get a pandemic each years. That is the difference.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Can anyone explain what is happening and why

I’m at a loss to understand what’s happening at the moment.
I’ve heard reports and seen pictures of the most selfish acts people are taking in the Lakes and recently up the Lune valley. Parking everywhere leaving roads inaccessible by larger, which of course could be a fire engine or tractor, and taking absolute liberties with peoples land.
I know the Lakes has always been busy, ( why I rarely go) but in all my life I’ve never spoke to farmers who are so upset. I can see the beginning of a real battle happening here.
The National Park Authority I though was there to protect the area. I’m seeing little evidence of that other than the usual looking after their own interests.
It’s easy to say these offending people are usually abroad in Benidorm but I don’t think it’s as simple as that. A congestion charge for the lakes or simply an enforced no parking anywhere apart from off road. The answer isn’t simple but looking around i can’t help but think education has been failing for at least 20 years and ignorance is accumulating.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Paulatic wrote:Can anyone explain what is happening and why

I’m at a loss to understand what’s happening at the moment.
I’ve heard reports and seen pictures of the most selfish acts people are taking in the Lakes and recently up the Lune valley. Parking everywhere leaving roads inaccessible by larger, which of course could be a fire engine or tractor, and taking absolute liberties with peoples land.
I know the Lakes has always been busy, ( why I rarely go) but in all my life I’ve never spoke to farmers who are so upset. I can see the beginning of a real battle happening here.
The National Park Authority I though was there to protect the area. I’m seeing little evidence of that other than the usual looking after their own interests.
It’s easy to say these offending people are usually abroad in Benidorm but I don’t think it’s as simple as that. A congestion charge for the lakes or simply an enforced no parking anywhere apart from off road. The answer isn’t simple but looking around i can’t help but think education has been failing for at least 20 years and ignorance is accumulating.

Just wait until we bring our caravans and campers over the Border. Trouble is, the campsites are asking us to go and at the same time the people don't want us there. It is very complicated.

I shan't be going anywhere for quite a while.

There is a current view that we can all do whatever we want. Rules are there for personal interpretation. Just wait until the pubs open!
John