Mc D's are back.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
ossie

Re: Mc D's are back.

Post by ossie »

Oldjohnw wrote:
I don't get your point. Whoever left the rubbish, however busy, whatever the heat, regardless of a virus or whoever is the local council leader, whichever beach or Scottish glen, 50tonnes of rubbish whether in June, July or August is appalling.

You think I'm somehow condoning rubbish on a beach now :roll:

You posted the tonnage to prove a point.I'm saying its perfectly normal irrespective of what you and I think of it.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

ossie wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
I don't get your point. Whoever left the rubbish, however busy, whatever the heat, regardless of a virus or whoever is the local council leader, whichever beach or Scottish glen, 50tonnes of rubbish whether in June, July or August is appalling.

You think I'm somehow condoning rubbish on a beach now :roll:

You posted the tonnage to prove a point.I'm saying its perfectly normal irrespective of what you and I think of it.

I have no point to prove. You dismissed the claim saying it was just a useless former cafe operator who hated the Tories. I pointed that the Tories were in agreement with her.

According to the local authority the rubbish was not
perfectly normal. It was almost 10 times normal. I have no other view apart from based on information provided by the LA. If they have it wrong, or are twisting data for reasons of their own, I have no knowledge. I have not, it happens, mentioned the consequence for the spread of the virus: I have limited my comment to quoting local people who might normally have some knowledge about the quantity of rubbish. You disagree with them, which is your privilege, although you have come up with no alternative data.

I will leave this now.
John
ossie

Post by ossie »

Oldjohnw wrote: According to the local authority the rubbish was not
perfectly normal. It was almost 10 times normal. I have no other view apart from based on information provided by the LA. If they have it wrong, or are twisting data for reasons of their own, I have no knowledge. I have not, it happens, mentioned the consequence for the spread of the virus: I have limited my comment to quoting local people who might normally have some knowledge about the quantity of rubbish. You disagree with them, which is your privilege, although you have come up with no alternative data.

I will leave this now.
Last edited by ossie on 30 Oct 2022, 10:58am, edited 2 times in total.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Yes, I remember my first visit to McD, 1984, there were not so many branches, had to go to Birmingham to find one :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

My first visit was in 1988 in Singapore ........ of all places.
Not impressed with the "burger" or Singapore.

I remember Singapore from back in 1971 and it was a fantastic place. We were there for a couple of months.
By the time of my next visit in 1988, they'd ruined it.
Mick F. Cornwall
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

My first visit, and can’t say only, visit was the 6th July 1988. Great memory you think? No it was the day of the Piper Alpha disaster and we were in Esbjerg waiting for the ferry. End of a weekend trip to Legoland with children and Grandad. It was Grandad who wanted chicken nuggets we’d gladly of gone nowhere else.
My second and last visit around five years ago while caring for a severely Autistic boy who loves McD. He loved it I was severely underwhelmed. I think mother had a word with him and he would never ask me again for McD he saved that for other carers. :)
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

Mick F wrote:My first visit was in 1988 in Singapore ........ of all places.
Not impressed with the "burger" or Singapore.

I remember Singapore from back in 1971 and it was a fantastic place. We were there for a couple of months.
By the time of my next visit in 1988, they'd ruined it.

Or perhaps you'd got older.... :wink:
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

ossie wrote:I'll also leave it here as the thread is about McDonalds. Can I just add that we are appalled by the rubbish every year however the visitor numbers was nothing out of the ordinary, the council simply failed to prepare and deal with it properly for the second time in a month.

Can l just ask if the figure of 22 tonnes was based on all rubbish (in bins, next to overflowing bins, on the promenade and strewn across the beach) or actually just that on the beach?

For me the figure 22 tonnes 'on Bournemouth beach' sounded hyperbolic because it simply suggested litter on the beach itself and a quick mental calculation worked out at around 100 kg of rubbish every hectare, which seemed unfeasibly high.

(I've never been by the way!)

Ta.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Maybe it was a 22 ton capacity container, not full

Please to get back on topic, talk about mcburger. I saw an excellent idea, packaging from the drive-in is to be marked with registration numbers of the customers vehicles :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies