Strange dashes on the screen of an iPhone

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Strange dashes on the screen of an iPhone

Post by Mick F »

Just found this.
https://www.bankmycell.com/blog/iphone- ... e-chart#10

The era of the long-forgotten iPhone SE passed quickly. It contained all the perks of the iPhone 6s, but it was smaller and lacked the 3D Touch option. The model was mainly introduced as an affordable alternative.

Therefore the New SE is a different beast to this one.
It's the same size as a 6s for one thing, not smaller.
Mick F. Cornwall
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

The new SE is very new so anything else is the old model. Yes the new one is bigger which is a negative point for me. However the price difference with other models might convince me if I was looking for a phone which I’m not. Current one has never failed me the battery health is now down to 94% so expect to buy a new battery sometime.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

The New SE looks a good buy if you're into that.
I am tempted, but only tempted.

My iPhone 5c has a really good battery, only 1% battery wear level.
I downloaded an app called Battery Life.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/battery-life/id1080930585
Mick F. Cornwall
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

A first time iphone user and I just bought the new iphone SE a few weeks ago and I like the smaller size and how easy it is to use. A few friends have the older 5, 6 and 7 series which tempted me to buy the SE. I resisted buying one of the very earliest used models because the updates have ceased on them. Not impressed with apple/tom tom maps though - so use google instead. Anyway they all seem good even the bendy one, are they worth the price new?
My jury is still out on that one.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

iPhone arrived back from repair today and it seems as good as new. Perhaps better than it was when I first got it off eBay.

Typing this on the phone now.

The screen seems sharper and crisper than before. Hope it stays that way.
Mick F. Cornwall
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

...maybe it had been fitted with a non-oem screen, when it first arrived with you, post refurb - that would make sense... you're now enjoying a genuine Apple part, maybe?
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Very probably.
I, or we, will never know as I doubt Londonmagicstore aren't really going to get into conversation with me.
TBH, it doesn't matter really. The phone works as it should, and that's what I paid for.

When it was wrong, I emailed them and enclosed the picture of the dashes, and they asked me to send it back, and a while later they said they'd fixed it and were sending it back to me.

Arrived in the post late this morning.
Sim out of my old iPhone 5c and into the iPhone 6s, switched on, and went through the Apple ID stuff and within ten minutes it was up and running as my phone and identical to what it was as well as identical to the iPhone 5c of course.

iCloud backups are wonderful things. Even my recent calls and my text conversations are there. All it needed was the password for our WiFi to sync it all.
Mick F. Cornwall