Pub or Haircut first?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Pub or Haircut first?

Pub
20%
Haircut
17%
Neither
60%
Dont Know
3%

Total votes: 30

mercalia

Pub or Haircut first?

Post by mercalia »

Pub or Haircut first?

Capture.JPG
pwa

Re: Pub or Haircut first?

Post by pwa »

Neither.

Pubs aren't open here (Wales), and I'm not sure about barbers but I cut my own anyway.
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

Neither. I'd only go to a pub to meet cycling friends and that seems too difficult at the moment. I've been clipping my own hair for a couple of months. I imagine the back may look askew but I cannot see that so don't mind. Perhaps I will persist with this and save myself £120 a year.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Last visited a hairdresser in 2002 :wink:
Last visited a pub 1999? (not sure)
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I bought my own clippers about 20yrs ago and use them every 2 weeks. Used to go to the Wetherspoons about once a month for 6 or 7 pints of Abbot ale, haven't really missed that to be honest.
peetee

Post by peetee »

I cut my own hair and, although I haven’t formally decided to give up alcohol, I’ve only had about 3 unit this year.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Hmm, I was in the barbers queue at 08.05am this morning. And it was great, by 09.34am I'd actually made it to the head of the queue and was able to move forward off the pavement and into the barbers :D

And as for a pint? Perhaps one in the next 2-3 months
mjr

Post by mjr »

I truly don't know. I've a haircut booked in about a week (barbers appt only) but may go to a pub if the 6 I'm in at either "pedal and picnic" tomorrow or "pedal and chat" on Tuesday evening decide to call at a beer garden.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

gbnz wrote:Hmm, I was in the barbers queue at 08.05am this morning. And it was great, by 09.34am I'd actually made it to the head of the queue and was able to move forward off the pavement and into the barbers :D

I understand visiting the barbier has other uses, not just care and maintenance of the human machine :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Went to the Little Bakery just around the corner for a fry up this morning with my friend Tony. Look like Robinson Crusoe at the moment, barbers in for a shock, :shock:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Lakelander

Post by Lakelander »

Neither.
I shave my head and will be waiting for the madness to die down before visiting our pubs.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I will not be at the hairdresser's for many more months. My wife has an appointment in three weeks as it is so fully booked. She keeps my hair sort of tidy.

We kept making a modest payment to the hairdresser as she needed income but we stopped when the self employed scheme kicked in.
John
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
gbnz wrote:Hmm, I was in the barbers queue at 08.05am this morning. And it was great, by 09.34am I'd actually made it to the head of the queue and was able to move forward off the pavement and into the barbers :D

I understand visiting the barbier has other uses, not just care and maintenance of the human machine :wink:

Perhaps, but it's avoiding the 6" high crewcut midride which had become critical!
rjb

Post by rjb »

Swmbo always cuts my hair and she keeps an eye on it from the back of the tandem. :lol: I had to give hers a trim a couple of weeks ago to keep it from obscuring her vision. She has now got an appointment at the hairdresser's in 2 weeks time, I don't think it's related. :lol:
As for the pub the village pub is showing no signs of reopening. I don't miss it and I haven't had a unit of alcohol since the lockdown. What I do miss is the community cafe which is so small inside that they can only have one table of 3 people to achieve social distancing. Outside they could accommodate 9 people but there is no shelter and it's in a conservation area so unlikely to be able to erect awnings, so it's staying shut probably until next summer. :(
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
pwa wrote:Neither.

Pubs aren't open here (Wales), and I'm not sure about barbers but I cut my own anyway.

Must be at least 20 years or more now queueing for hours and then they want £3.50 for about 10 to 15 minutes work.
Started with the mains electric trimmer, overheated or wore out can't remember which.
Got two rechargeable hair and beard trimmers, the Lidls one came with a li-on battery and £12-£15, probably outlast me.
It's not rocket science I find.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.