Cycling Insurance

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Pebble

Cycling Insurance

Post by Pebble »

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding insurance

not interested in theft, pot hole damage, tears to clothing loss of gadgets (what ever they might be) . But would like a third party cover in case my actions ever caused a loss to another, and would like full legal protection to fight my case on behalf of me

not a member of any club, cover 5-10k a year

any thoughts ?
Jdsk

Re: Cycling Insurance

Post by Jdsk »

mjr

Post by mjr »

Look at whether third party liability and legal insurance options are on your home insurance. Typically £millions of liability cover, because injuries are occasionally expensive.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

mjr wrote:Look at whether third party liability and legal insurance options are on your home insurance. Typically £millions of liability cover, because injuries are occasionally expensive.

Third party liability covering policy holder and their household are pretty normal on house insurance. You won't find "cycling" listed in it, but will find a long list of excluded things such as "driving motor vehicles" "motorboats" etc.. The absence of "cycling" from the exclusion clauses indicates it is an activity which the insurance will cover.

Legal expenses insurance is usually an add-on, costing extra on the standard premium. Though is inclusive in some policies.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Home insurance if you can't afford it, or support Cycling UK* if you can.
*I'm not sure, but I believe that some local cycling groups offer liability cover too, so you may want to go local to support local issues.
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

if you live in London/ over 65/unwaged/under 25 The London Cycling Campaign will do 3rd party as part of membership incl magazine and various shop reductions for £25pa. Work for the NHS is free membship * and insurance

https://lcc.org.uk//
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Look up TSB Pick and Protect cycle insurance
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !