Start Date for National Standards

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
motty

Start Date for National Standards

Post by motty »

Does any one know if there is a date set for National Standards to take over from CPT?
towedhaul

Re:Start Date for National Standards

Post by towedhaul »

I think it's more of a staged exercise.
The more people/councils/etc we can get to change over, the sooner the National Standard will become the norm and cycling proficiency will die through lack of interest. Why do you ask?
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

you are indeed correct there is no set date as this is such a major development and we are supporting people such as local authorities to change what they have been doing since before the 1970's. As such CTC are continually working with LA's etc to encourage the delivery of National Standards and helping people understand that traffic conditions have changed and therefore cycle training needs to change accordingly.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I have been informed by CTC that Bikeability will be launched nayionally from spring 2007. However, I have already has one enquiry asking specifically for Bikeability, yet we don't have badges or details. After the Newsnight report, I imagine that many people would have infered that this was available nationally now or did I miss something?
Has anyone else had enquiries?
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Bikeability will be launched to the Nation next spring. In the meantime a gearing up period is being introduced to 5 different areas around the UK. This will help to identify any issues that might arise with the logistics, cost implications, mechanics of providing certificates, badges and log books and all of the other processes involved with a new brand launch on a national scale. The training is still the same and its only the brand name that has changed. Therefore people will not receive anything different in terms of National Standard cycle training being delivered. For more information please visit www.ctc.org.uk/cycletraining or www.bikeability.org.uk