Narrow men's cycling shoes

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
geomannie

Narrow men's cycling shoes

Post by geomannie »

The thread about wide women's cycling shoes has me wondering about narrow men's. I have huge difficulty in finding shoes narrow enough. I am looking for 11-12's depending on brand (46 Euro), hopefully MTB style, 2 bolt.

Women's shoes tend to be narrower but are they available in this size?

Thoughts & suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
geomannie
Enigmadick

Re: Narrow men's cycling shoes

Post by Enigmadick »

Try Sidi which being Italian are very stylish and typically narrow. Not cheap but beautifully made and last for years.

I use their MTB racing shoes and MTB winter boots and reckon £200-£300 quid for something that lasts the best part of a decade is damn good value.

[https://sidi.com/en/products/cycling/shoes/strada]
ENIGMA DICK aka Richard Barrett
geomannie

Post by geomannie »

Enigmadick wrote:Try Sidi which being Italian are very stylish and typically narrow. Not cheap but beautifully made and last for years.

I use their MTB racing shoes and MTB winter boots and reckon £200-£300 quid for something that lasts the best part of a decade is damn good value.

Thanks. I will have a look. The price seems high but if they last then worth the money.
geomannie
nez

Post by nez »

geomannie wrote:The thread about wide women's cycling shoes has me wondering about narrow men's. I have huge difficulty in finding shoes narrow enough. I am looking for 11-12's depending on brand (46 Euro), hopefully MTB style, 2 bolt.

Thanks

There are ways of tying sports shoes for narrow feet - I think a bit of googling will find them. I have the opposite problem!
geomannie

Post by geomannie »

nez wrote:
geomannie wrote:The thread about wide women's cycling shoes has me wondering about narrow men's. I have huge difficulty in finding shoes narrow enough. I am looking for 11-12's depending on brand (46 Euro), hopefully MTB style, 2 bolt.

Thanks

There are ways of tying sports shoes for narrow feet - I think a bit of googling will find them. I have the opposite problem!

Err thanks, but as a life long owner of narrow feet, I have already tried everything. I invariably run out of adjustment but can to an extent offset that by using insoles. I then get the issue of lack of heel grip. Shoes that fit would be a great help, hence my question.
geomannie
geomannie

Post by geomannie »

geomannie wrote:
Enigmadick wrote:Try Sidi which being Italian are very stylish and typically narrow. Not cheap but beautifully made and last for years.

Thanks. I will have a look. The price seems high but if they last then worth the money.

I note that with Sidi shoes you are advised on Chain Reaction to up-size by one size. Any idea why? Is it perhaps because they are narrow, or because their sizing is short? Thanks if you know.
geomannie
Enigmadick

Post by Enigmadick »

I think it's because they are a narrow fit and most people need to go up a size. Perhaps best to buy from a retail stockist where you can try them on.
ENIGMA DICK aka Richard Barrett
LinusR

Post by LinusR »

geomannie wrote:
I note that with Sidi shoes you are advised on Chain Reaction to up-size by one size. Any idea why? Is it perhaps because they are narrow, or because their sizing is short? Thanks if you know.

I wear Sidi size 46 - same as I wear for other shoes. No idea why CR is suggesting that.
geomannie

Post by geomannie »

Enigmadick wrote:I think it's because they are a narrow fit and most people need to go up a size. Perhaps best to buy from a retail stockist where you can try them on.

I wish I could. I was in Evans yesterday but was not allowed to try on because of Covid infection risk. I could buy, try at home and return if ill fitting (apparently the shoes would be quarantined), but trying on in the shop a no-no.
geomannie
Janwal

Post by Janwal »

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giro-Empire-VR ... ium=648417
These are definitely a narrow fit. I tried a pair as I have had Giro before but they were too tight for me. This is also a good price for them. Tredz also do free returns.
slowster

Post by slowster »

Wiggle stock a lot of different brands, including much of the Sidi range. I think it's not unusual for people to order several pairs of different shoes from Wiggle to try, and then make use of their relatively low cost returns policy to send them all back bar the one that fits them best (or send them all back if none fit). If you do this, you might find yourself having to pay for all the shoes and wait for the refund to be processed and appear on your next statement, and given the price of some shoes that could be a substantial amount. If you timed it carefully and ordered immediately after the statement date and then returned the unwanted shoes without delay, the refund might be processed before the next statement.

It might also be worthwhile signing up to https://www.sportpursuit.com/. A lot of brands, which sometimes includes Sidi, use Sport Pursuit to sell off surplus stock at a discount, which can sometimes be quite substantial. It's necessary to create an account to access the website (and then send the marketing emails to your spam folder or block them), but I think that is because the brands don't want the prices to be visible to the general public, because it would undermine sales through their retailers at normal RRP. Note that Sport Pursuit's business model also means that there is often a delay of weeks before an item is sent: rather than holding stock themselves a product is advertised for a relatively short period, and then at the end of the sale all the orders received are processed and sent out.
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

All men's cycling shoes are a narrow. It's the wide-fit that are hard to come by. Has the OP thought about
wearing an extra pair of socks if he finds cycling shoes too wide?
geomannie

Post by geomannie »

De Sisti wrote:All men's cycling shoes are a narrow. It's the wide-fit that are hard to come by. Has the OP thought about
wearing an extra pair of socks if he finds cycling shoes too wide?

Hmm, you have clearly never worn my feet.
geomannie
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

geomannie wrote:Hmm, you have clearly never worn my feet.

:roll: