How to find new throttle

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
greenfern

How to find new throttle

Post by greenfern »

Hi! My electric bike (Free Spirit) has apparently got a throttle problem and needs a new one. My bike shop is overwhelmed with work a.t.m. & want me to buy it for them to fit. I KNOW NOTHING! TOTAL IGNORANCE! I've googled the number but no luck (KT-LCD1 r.hand twist throttle) can anyone help or point me in the right direction? thanks
simonineaston

Re: How to find new throttle

Post by simonineaston »

My tip: find an experienced friend / relative who can look at the existing part, as it is highly likely that a small issue with a minor component may be fixable.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
hemo

Post by hemo »

Can you show a pic of the bike & throttle a there is more then one free spirit ebike.
Does the twist throttle have a display incorporated or voltage led read out ?
Depending on which type you have they have different wiring, plain ones just use 3 wires and others 5 or 6.
You could replace the item quite easily your self, the throttle will held on by an Allen screw and you simply follow the wiring to the metal controller box and unplug it. fitting is the reverse. Follow the wiring and tell us how many wires at the connector.
Buying a replacement will be quite simple and will be made by Wuxing (China), the display is KT (Kuenteng/ China).

Buying a replacement will most likely have to come via China, though you may find one on ebay.
Via China you will have to use Aliexpress or one of a few stores like PSWPower, Topbikekit, Greenbikekit or BMSBattery.
greenfern

Post by greenfern »

Many thanks to both for helpful info. Good to know it can be sorted & I think I have just found someone to look at it, so fingers Xd.