CTC Instructors Insurance

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
Paul Power

CTC Instructors Insurance

Post by Paul Power »

Warning - Any CTC Accreddited instructor is thinking of taking up CTC's Instructor Training Insurance, here's what they don't tell you - That regardless of what date you pay your insurance, it expires on the 30th September. Thus as in our case we paid our insurance on 31st May 2006 an annual fee of £40 and we only get coverage until Sept. That's basically just four months cover for 12 month's fees!

Whatever businesss could get away with such a rip off?

What really annoys me is that we had to jump through all sorts of hoops to actually get cover in place.

Oh and, there's more.

Perchance that you might like to actually read the insurance policy you're paying for - CTC charge an admin fee of £10 for giving it to you.

Paul Power
www.dutchcycles.co.uk
Paul Power

Re:CTC Instructors Insurance

Post by Paul Power »

Having re-looked at CTC's Website, I stand corrected, they do actually say that the insurance is only until end Sept, regardless of when you take it out.

However, my original gripes still stand.

Of particular concern is the fact that they charge an admin fee of £10 for a copy of the policy.

What really gets to me is that our busines is a 'for profit' business. IE, we're unfortunate enough not to be able to hold our hand out for lottery funding, grants and government give-aways. We actually have to sell our services, bikes and accessories and make a profit, otherwise we don't exist...

Now were we to behave in the way CTC behave, particularly in relation to this insurance, we would undoubtedly have customers banging on the doors of Watchdog and Trading Standards.

Paul
Steve

Post by Steve »

I'm looking at buying the insurance, but £40 for 2 months is a bit steap, guess i'll have to wait till october
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

we have now reduced the Cycle Activity Provider insurance to £25pp for the last remaining months of 2005-06 cover. For more info and to apply for yours visit http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=4238
Paul Power

Post by Paul Power »

Jennifer,

The way the scheme is set up is a nonsense.

How would you feel about paying your car insurance on this basis?

For example, pay a year and get four months cover?

Essentially you're charging £25 for two month's cover.

Which is over 50% of what it costs for a year's cover.

How can be that be right?

As I said previously, we were we to run our business in a similar fashion we'd be up before Trading Standards.

The policy should run annually from when you pay for a full 12 months or not run at all.

Paul
www.paulpower.co.uk
Wendy C.

Insurance

Post by Wendy C. »

There is another angle ..... try getting it externally in your own right, then you would have something to gripe about.

The way this is done is a little like when you first passed your driving test, and drove on your parent's insurance hence the dates involved but to get insurance in your own right when I checked it out a few years back, put another nought on the end and you will get closer to the mark but even then that would possibly about half of the real cost!

If you don't believe me, go check it out like I did .......