Garmin Connect - ransomware victim?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
RickH

Re: Garmin Connect - ransomware victim?

Post by RickH »

My watch eventually synced - it took a while with around 4 days of readings to shift, & probably the whole world & his dog trying to upload data.

After that my Edge also synced when I switched it on. And Strava was clever enough to not add duplicates as I'd already manually uploaded my rides from the last few days.

I've not tried delving very far apart from checking that everything seems to be now showing in the Android Connect app.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
ratherbeintobago

Post by ratherbeintobago »

iOS app is still bust.
RickH

Post by RickH »

ratherbeintobago wrote:iOS app is still bust.

I still get "Sorry, we are down for maintenance" messages popping up repeatedly. but everything does actually seem to be functioning on Android if I just ignore or dismiss them.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I stuck on my Polar Grit X today instead but Mrs Syd’s stuff went across ok from her Garmin as did things from Thursday and into the weekend.
RickH

Post by RickH »

Now getting a new, & more encouraging, message in garmin Connect on my phone
Screenshot_20200727-200611.png

Recent data seems to be all there as well as older data - I accessed a couple of rides from 2017 & 2015 which seemed to be present & correct.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

My data is nearly 100% complete but I'm missing the step count from 23/07 & 24/07, of course on 23/07 I was wandering the streets of London and clocked up 16 miles which isn't showing yet :x Couldn't connect my Edge unit with my phone earlier today but now both my Edge and Forerunner are showing in my devices on Gamin Connect app.
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

I've not ridden my bike for three weeks as I have been unwell but I did get out this morning and my Garmin worked as usual and uploaded my ride to Strava.
Beauty will save the world.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Bit pf progress in the last 36 hours it seems. I can link my phone to my Edge unit, previously it was just my Forerunner as no other devices were showing. When I finished the ride to work it said the ride had uploaded but there wasn't anything showing so had to do it manually via PC and usb cable when I got home.
Navara

Post by Navara »

Connect is working fine now,Forerunner 45 and IOS but I still have the "server maintenance" pop-up?
Connect IQ appears to be OK but I've tried a couple of times to download new watch faces without success.
Possibly still got a few little Gremlins to get rid of?
Syd

Post by Syd »

Like others I still have the maintenance banner but my 1030 synced through without issue when I was walking to my office this morning.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Syd wrote:Like others I still have the maintenance banner but my 1030 synced through without issue when I was walking to my office this morning.

Same here. I’m still getting the banner, but both yesterday’s and today’s ride have uploaded to Garmin Connect via my IPhone ok.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
LittleGreyCat

Post by LittleGreyCat »

I've not been riding for the last couple of weeks so I haven't had to use Garmin Connect.

Couple of days ago it was fine and if I hadn't read the reports I wouldn't have known that anything had happened.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Garmin statement
https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/outage/

Garmin Connect: System Status
https://connect.garmin.com/status/

Jonathan
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

As Garmin is a very big and well-financed company, and has yet to issue a statement denying they
paid the ransom, one has to assume they coughed up.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Today was the firs time my ride uploaded to Garmin successfully, previously I had to connect my Edge to the PC and use Garmin Express. Today's dinnertime commute uploaded as I was locking up my bike.