EBAY

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
gbnz

EBAY

Post by gbnz »

In short;

1. I've purchased an item via a organisation selling on Ebay
2. I've proof of purchase in respect to both credit card deductions and emails from Ebay, confirming the Order No., Date of Purchase etc, etc, etc
3. I haven't received the item purchased
4. Ebay's systems now show that I haven't made a purchase, despite black & white proof being available that I have made a purchase

I knew Amazon were bad, so specifically avoided purchasing the item ordered via Amazon. Having been struck twice, I now recognize that such online suppliers are best avoided (NB. Thankfully the £'s involved were low)
simonineaston

Re: EBAY

Post by simonineaston »

Current circumstances have resulted in delays affecting delivery, for more than one item I have bought on-line recently. Perhaps the same has happened in this instance.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Pay pal yes or no?
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Yes. always use paypal, owned by Ebay!!!
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Obvious answer is put a claim in with Paypal and then your CC.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
If you paid by PayPal what does it say on your account?
Just message them and they will sort it for you.

Edited- If you log onto your PayPal account you can do a "chat ", the last time I had a problem It was sorted, for some reason they seem to wanna fall over themselves to help once you contact them.
As we know big firms can no longer be contacted directly via email they want you to phone, I don't think you can even do that with eBay or PayPal but you can personal message PayPal I think from your account/chat can't remember which I use last time now.
eBay is not so easy as his places like Sainsburys.
I've not moved into Facebook land yet.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Navara

Post by Navara »

I always use Paypal for this reason.
Open a dispute and in 99% of cases Paypal refund you.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I've used Amazon for years, 99% satisfaction, with few problems and nothing that wasn't resolved to my satisfaction.

By coincidence, I'm having a problem now, fortunately only involving a few quid. A couple of weeks ago, vendor on Amazon Marketplace recorded that my order had been dispatched. As it was coming from Germany I've been patient, but a check of the tracking data reveals

The parcel data was entered into the GLS system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

Broadly, the Amazon T&Cs assume you may want to cancel an order before it's dispatched, or you may want to return it after receipt. They don't seem to recognise that a dodgy or badly-organised vendor might wrongly describe an order as dispatched when that's not the case.

=======================================================================================

PS For all those waiting with bated breath to see if this aged forum member ends up ripped off, I've had a prompt response to my message through the Amazon system, saying that the item must have been lost in delivery so they have refunded me. Since I believe that the item never made it to the carrier, that doesn't inspire confidence so I'll keep an eye on my credit card statement.

Next time: will thirdcrank get a refund? Also available on iPlayer.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Thanks, in respect to the loss it's small enough to write off. And at a personal level it's yet another reminder that every £1 saved online, may result in several weeks work attempting to get the correct size clothing or whatever, sent out!
wirral_cyclist

Post by wirral_cyclist »

thirdcrank wrote:I've used Amazon for years, 99% satisfaction, with few problems and nothing that wasn't resolved to my satisfaction.

By coincidence, I'm having a problem now, fortunately only involving a few quid. A couple of weeks ago, vendor on Amazon Marketplace recorded that my order had been dispatched. As it was coming from Germany I've been patient, but a check of the tracking data reveals

The parcel data was entered into the GLS system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

Broadly, the Amazon T&Cs assume you may want to cancel an order before it's dispatched, or you may want to return it after receipt. They don't seem to recognise that a dodgy or badly-organised vendor might wrongly describe an order as dispatched when that's not the case.

=======================================================================================

PS For all those waiting with bated breath to see if this aged forum member ends up ripped off, I've had a prompt response to my message through the Amazon system, saying that the item must have been lost in delivery so they have refunded me. Since I believe that the item never made it to the carrier, that doesn't inspire confidence so I'll keep an eye on my credit card statement.

Next time: will thirdcrank get a refund? Also available on iPlayer.

GLS are variable, and as they use parcelforce in the UK...

Though to be fair I queried my 'missing' parcel with PF (using both the GLS and PF tracking numbers) and PF said "we've had it over 2 weeks but are still waiting for GLS to send us the UK delivery address" having a valid GLS code and more importantly the corresponding PF code meant I got it next day!
Seems some despatch departments save milliseconds by only attaching the GLS 'send to UK' label and not the final UK address PF label, PF on receipt of all these "just the UK" labelled parcels do request the rather important 'last mile' details from GLS, who then have to ask the originator, so it gets messy.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

In the latest gripping installment, I received the stock Amazon notification of a refund, the reason given was Return by customer, when in fact the customer never received it.

The main point is that my £££ has all been credited to my credit card so all's well that ends well. All that's left to do is to write a factual review of the vendor's customer service. Amazon doesn't do nul points so it will be one more than they deserve.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

And the internet saga continues (NB. I find it incredible to think that several weeks ago I simply wished to buy a £6.50 expresso & an inexpensive fleece gilet online;

(To Regatta) "Could you please clarify;

1.  I am returning an item because it is too small
2.  Regatta have sent me a voucher code, which will cover the cost of delivery
3.  The voucher code will be used to cover the cost of delivery, should I decide to reorder
4.  Regatta cannot do a return on the item I have ordered, which is the wrong size
5.  So I then have to reorder the item
6.  Regatta will then send the item out to me, using the voucher code that has been sent to me to cover the cost of delivery, though I am not clear why Regatta have sent the voucher code to me
7.  But Regatta will not cover the cost of my returning the item to Regatta
8.  But Regatta have sent me a form which I need to print out in order to return the item to Regatta
9.  I then need to return the item I am returning to Regatta via the dry cleaners, though I am paying for the cost of the return
10.  Regatta have not sent me any information as to what I am to do with the form I have printed out to return the item
11.  Regatta may then refund the item I have sent back
12.  Though this may take some time
13.  I can then reorder the item through Regatta, though I am not clear what I am to do with the voucher code Regatta have sent me

It all seems very clear

(NB. In contrast the Advance Decision I've submitted this morning to ensure that the NHS will allow me to die when I next collapse whilst on the bike, has merely required me to obtain a signature and ensure proof of delivery via signed for delivery, when posting it this morning .

You couldn't makethis stuff up :lol:
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

thirdcrank wrote:All that's left to do is to write a factual review of the vendor's customer service. Amazon doesn't do nul points so it will be one more than they deserve.

I don't bother doing Amazon reviews anymore, they delete the ones they don't like.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
rjb

Post by rjb »

I've purchased a bike light from China on flebay recently. The tracking showed it as despatched but clicking on the tracking number opened up a China post window which showed the item was returned to the vendor the day after despatch. I contacted the vendor 2 weeks later who was adamant it had been posted. I asked the vendor to resend it but was eventually offered a refund which I accepted. Unless I prompted the vendor he would not have responded, hoping that I may have forgotten I assume. Caveat emptor. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
irc

Post by irc »

gbnz wrote:Thanks, in respect to the loss it's small enough to write off. And at a personal level it's yet another reminder that every £1 saved online, may result in several weeks work attempting to get the correct size clothing or whatever, sent out!

I buy loads of stuff online and have had very few problems. Ususally use well known suppliers, Chain reaction, Merlin, Bike24, Rose Bikes SJS etc. On John Lewis, Amazon etc for non bike.

Last time I had a minor issue was when I ordered inner tubes from an online bikeshop I hadn't used before. Shown as in stock. No despatch e-mail 2 weeks later. Emails to shop ignored. Raised Paypal dispute and the tubes were posted the next day! Dispute cancelled after they arrived.