Trike swaps...

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
[XAP]Bob

Trike swaps...

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Anyone who has a vortex and wants something a little more practical?

I’m no longer commuting, and I can’t see myself commuting again in the coming years...
So, I have a Sprint 2RS (rear suspension, 20” all round trike, with a plethora of accessories that make this as close to the ultimate commuting machine as you’ll get without going to a full velo...

And I’m considering moving to something more “sport” than “transport”, since my cycling is now limited.

I should probably drop DTek a line to be honest...

- rear suspension
- hub dynamo (SON) on left (*)
- cable disc brakes
- mudguards all round (and a brand new spare front set)
- part suspended rack, with sides
- standard chainset (*)
- Tryker tyres (and spares)
- Headlight as supplies by ICE
- Tail light on rack
- Tail light on outside mudguard
- 9spd Shimano cassette (not freewheel) rear wheel motor, controller and battery (right hand twist throttle)
- Also have an SA 3*9 rear hub laced into a 20” wheel
- Mesh seat (just the basic one), with home made rain cover
- Radical medium side pods
- Dual RVM - one flat, one wide view
- Front and rear facing camera (powered from USB (currently powered from the spare outputs on the motor controller) might be included if wanted.
- Frame lock with integrated cable attached to rear V bosses.

Probably some other bits I’m just so used to seeing I do t notice them any more
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Cyril Haearn

Re: Trike swaps...

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Pictures please
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Will take some when I go for a ride tomorrow.

First time out today for a *very* long time.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Photos whilst I was out this evening
Attachments
DA5FF3C5-015F-4120-B8CC-4C173173BDE0.jpeg
2867D7C7-6482-4AF2-B004-D7A01DD76915.jpeg
44B5412A-ECA1-4D8A-87C8-178CD485287C.jpeg
CC313902-B007-4F00-B820-A6640579898D.jpeg
4B326920-077F-4C18-A680-6C851EAA1A6D.jpeg
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

And one from the front
Attachments
EA68FF08-55FA-4FFC-B84B-EC0D52870865.jpeg
Neil1

Post by Neil1 »

Hi have you a price for sprint please
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

If you are looking to sell I think there's a BHPCer who is looking for a sprint (he's not selling a VTX though - how do you fancy a really nice fujin?).
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Can’t ride two wheels :(

I don’t have a number in mind... just went to try and spec it out at ICE to see the “if you wanted this now” cost... I hit £5k without the e-assist or lighting.

If I could find a VTX then I would have a better idea of the number I was thinking of.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

belgiangoth wrote:If you are looking to sell I think there's a BHPCer who is looking for a sprint (he's not selling a VTX though - how do you fancy a really nice fujin?).

You got a link there?
I did just post this over there on the wanted section...
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.