** The thread for Rants & Odds and Sods **

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: ** The thread for Rants & Odds and Sods **

Post by Oldjohnw »

In Scotland people who continue to refuse to wear a mask when reminded by the police are starting to be fined. It has lasted well over a week there.

I understand shop workers not having to wear them. Shoppers are in an out, staff there for several hours.
John
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

And what do people here think of eating on trains? surly the most wrong thing to do, as very likely to spew mouth particles all over ? Yet on the train from Streatham to Victoria I saw two foreign speaking women do just that. One eating bananas & other fruit and the other some thing from a plastic tub all the time chatting away. God Help Us, as these idiots wont :evil: :twisted: :roll:

The staff in my lidls were all wearing masks
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

quite a funny one the other night in the supermarket, big bloke must have just popped in for one item, and forgetting his mask he pulled his t-shirt and held it over his nose and mouth (perfectly adequate for the lurgy) but it revealed his enormous fat belly in ll its glory, hanging their and bouncing about over his belt - quiet funny really.

Other acts of stupidity was a woman who removed her mask to have a good old cough and another who pulled her face mask down, leaned around the edge of the perspex protecting the cashier, and then had a rant about the price of something!
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Went into the bank wearing my balaclava and sunglasses and was asked to leave ASAP :D
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

one lady in America was so disgruntled at being told to wear a face mask- she protested by pulling her pants down and having a big wee on the shop floor
https://nypost.com/2020/07/20/woman-pee ... wear-mask/
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

John
Gravity Man

Post by Gravity Man »

https://nypost.com/2020/07/24/3-fed-age ... rtland-wh/

'Federal agents likely permanently blinded by Portland protesters’ lasers, White House says'

If this story is true and the personnel really have been left permanently and seriously disabled then it marks a new and terrifying escalation in methodology of criminal assault. No longer is it necessary for a mugger to wave around a knife or other illegal weapon ... even the threat of permanently blinding a victim by waving around any LASER-like object would be ample intimidation.

Was this story ever reported in the UK media ?

Win
If there's always biscuits in the tin, where's the fun in biscuits ? -- Gary from 'Men Behaving Badly' :mrgreen:
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Looks like civil war in trumpland, -99
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Just the excuse Trump needs to go in even heavier.
John
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Local paper reports that lots of people are taking cycling holidays, buying cycles using cash refunded by travel agents, getting repairs

'Summer is our busiest time, it is even worse this year', whimpered an LBS manageress :?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Local paper reports that lots of people are taking cycling holidays, buying cycles using cash refunded by travel agents, getting repairs

'Summer is our busiest time, it is even worse this year', whimpered an LBS manageress :?

hmm where are they going? not campsites?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

seems like Boris is really communist

Today’s Tory government has adopted some of the style, rhetoric and preoccupations of a defunct radical sect, the Revolutionary Communist party (RCP)

This similarity is less surprising once you know that a former RCP member, Munira Mirza, is head of the Downing Street policy unit, and probably Johnson’s most important adviser after Cummings. In an article for Grazia magazine this year, Johnson called her “extraordinary”, “ruthless”, and one of “the five women who have shaped my life”. On Friday another RCP veteran, Claire Fox, was nominated for a peerage by the government.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/01/why-johnsons-tories-fell-for-a-tiny-sect-of-libertarian-provocateurs-rcp?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Did you know that Lord Lebedev used to have a pet wolf he called Boris?

(Hatterstone, Simon (4 May 2012). "Evgeny Lebedev: Don't call me an oligarch". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 February 2016.)
John
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Rode to work in quite heavy rain, that isn't the rant. I could taste the run off from my helmet pads that were clean at the weekend, gues I sweated more than I realised.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

The Evil that is Japan. And its the Yanks fault ( again )

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/hirohito-the-war-criminal-who-got-away