Get off my land! Furious farmer tells Boris Johnson

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Get off my land! Furious farmer tells Boris Johnson

Post by mercalia »

Get off my land! Furious farmer reveals Boris Johnson 'climbed over his fence to set up 8ft tent WITHOUT permission and lit a dangerous campfire before fleeing Highlands holiday cottage'... leaving his MINDERS to clean up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8650799/Boriss-Great-Escape-PM-flees-tent-moves-Old-School-House-remote-peninsula.html

by the way. What is cred-ratings for the Daily Mail. I only started looking at it as I found an app for my phone. Seems quite decent.
Paulatic

Re: Get off my land! Furious farmer tells Boris Johnson

Post by Paulatic »

You can believe that BS if you want. Why would Cummings leak that location picture to the DailyFail? Why did BJ feel unsafe there and move on? If he did have Nats outside protesting then fair enough you’d see why he would want to leave. He didn’t though did he?
My money is on this Russian owned Yachton its way to London from the Firth of Forth.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Johnson feeling unsafe is baloney. Loads of security around. And as if it could be kept secret with his motorcade and retinue.
John
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

The farmer may well have been furious, but permission to set up a tent would probably not have been necessary.
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

rualexander wrote:The farmer may well have been furious, but permission to set up a tent would probably not have been necessary.

Judging by the photos of kitchen chairs being used to climb over the fence, it doesn't sound like it was pitched on open land, but in an enclosed field.
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

DaveReading wrote:
rualexander wrote:The farmer may well have been furious, but permission to set up a tent would probably not have been necessary.

Judging by the photos of kitchen chairs being used to climb over the fence, it doesn't sound like it was pitched on open land, but in an enclosed field.

From the photos it appears to be an area of enclosed rough grazing land, with no sign of crops or farm animals so perfectly ok to camp there.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

An example of a farmer taking back control of his borders. :evil:
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Yet another mess Boris left for someone else to clean up. :)
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

rualexander wrote:
DaveReading wrote:

From the photos it appears to be an area of enclosed rough grazing land, with no sign of crops or farm animals so perfectly ok to camp there.

Farmer should just have either released his own bull into the field or asked a friend...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Tinder-dry conditions in Applecross :lol:
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Overweening git. (Boris, that is.)
Have we got time for another cuppa?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Johnson really needs to start worrying if the Daily Mail is reporting against him.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Bonefishblues wrote:Tinder-dry conditions in Applecross :lol:

That got me confused, is there a dry applecross in another parallel universe the DM reports from?
hamster

Post by hamster »

This story is so multi-layered with untruths I don't know where to start! That tent is pitched so abominably on sloping ground I struggle to believe anyone slept in it!
Elizabeth_S

Post by Elizabeth_S »

rualexander wrote:
DaveReading wrote:

I was confused by this as well, the fire was wrong (and where did he get the wood?), climbing the fence was wrong, as he was staying in a cottage next door he wasn't really wild camping so it was a bit iffy. Small herd of goats would have sorted him out. (To quote Professor Calculus in TinTin 'Make way for the goat!')