Scott ebikes good value for money?

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
HellEuphoria

Scott ebikes good value for money?

Post by HellEuphoria »

Looking into a specific Scott sub touring ebike but I just wanted to know if;

A: Scott bikes are generally good bang for your buck and
B: Anyones personal experience riding this brand day to day (comfort, reliability etc)

Sorry if this is not the type of question to ask here, brand new to this forum.

Thanks in advance!
stodd

Re: Scott ebikes good value for money?

Post by stodd »

I've no personal experience, there have been some very positive comments on Scott on the pedelecs forum recently.
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums ... -i-buy.40/ (and look on the other pedelecs sub-forums too)
HellEuphoria

Post by HellEuphoria »

stodd wrote:I've no personal experience, there have been some very positive comments on Scott on the pedelecs forum recently.
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums ... -i-buy.40/ (and look on the other pedelecs sub-forums too)

Thanks I will do!
borisface

Post by borisface »

I've had a non electric Scott Foil for 5 years and it is an amazing bike. When I was thinking about getting an ebike I hired for a day a Scott ebike to test the concept and it was great. It had a Bosch motor and shimano whatever. However, a large number of ebikes are much of a muchness. Bosch motors, Shimano gears and brakes, suntour forks, so really the bit that is a Scott is relatively small part of the overall package. So it's probably more important to chose an ebike that suits your requirements rather than getting hung up on a brand. FWIW, I bought a cube because it did what I wanted and was reasonably priced. It's great, no better than the Scott I hired, but no worse.

Having said that a friend had a Scott MTB and it was the heaviest non electric bike I think I have ever come across. It was to be polite sturdy!