Recently imposed bikes restriction on Norwich - Liverpool train services

Jdsk

Re: Recently imposed bikes restriction on Norwich - Liverpool train services

Postby Jdsk » 24 Aug 2020, 4:46pm

You can post inline images: would that work for this purpose?

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 16.45.31.png

It gets bigger and clearer if you open that in its own window or tab.

Jonathan

Pendodave

Re: Recently imposed bikes restriction on Norwich - Liverpool train services

Postby Pendodave » 24 Aug 2020, 5:38pm

Suffolk audaxer wrote:I've now received the response from East Midlands Rail.

As far as I can make out, it's not possible to post attachments on here. However, yes, they have banned reserving cycles on Norwich-Liverpool services, June-September, still trumpeting the safety argument, BUT have stated they will review it for 2021 in light of my comments. That in itself surely suggests the safety argument is a cop out. Their explanation of difficulties customers have experienced in getting on board and alighting with their luggage at Norwich (nowhere else seemingly!) makes me suspect the true reason is the time it takes, thus the potential impact on punctuality targets.

All that said, provided it's not stalling to give time to think up some other excuse, it's encouraging they are prepared to review. Thus any support is appreciated. The email address is "contact@eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk." You might like to head your email, "For the attention of Donna Morley," who is the person who replied to me. The freepost address is, "Freepost EMR CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE." but, while I could be wrong, I think addressing individuals using freepost causes problems.If you want to address it to Donna Morley (Senior customer Services Executive), the registered office address is, Abellio East Midlands Ltd, 2nd Floor, St Andrews House, 18-20 Andrews Street, London, EC4A 3AG.

I have also written further. If you would like to see the response and my further letter, please email me: johntommo6@btinternet.com.

If there is a way of posting attachments, let me know. I am something of a technophobe.

Excuse me if it is made clear elsewhere, but is it only the reservations which have been removed, or are no cycles now allowed on this route?
'Safety' is often used as a substitute for thought or responsibility, the rolling stock is the same as that used elsewhere on the network, so presumably it us related to overcrowding in some way?
I would take your concerns to the ORR (office of road and rail) , the DFT and your local MP. I think that waiting for the manager in a rail franchise to do something would be a very long wait indeed.