ZOOM meetings

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Tangled Metal

Re: ZOOM meetings

Post by Tangled Metal »

There's always more we can do but as with most things we all have a limit to what we're comfortable doing on many grounds. For me it's money. I kind of can't see me spending on solar water heating or even photo electric cells because of cost and return. Im unlikely to live in the house long enough to save anywhere close to the investment outlay.

I'm also balancing other issues around family which limits what we can do. I think the big impacts will be from companies not individual households though I could be wrong.
[XAP]Bob

Re: ZOOM meetings

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I don't have a hot water tank, so there isn't a reasonable way to get solar water heating.
Solar isn't great when your roofline points north/south, but I could reasonably use battery tech to shift my energy demands, but that's not a significant ecological benefit really.

You're right that the biggest impacts can be from larger companies, but that doesn't mean that the combination of large numbers of small contributions don't make a difference.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.