YHA "post Covid"

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mercalia

Re: YHA "post Covid"

Post by mercalia »

Mike Sales wrote:
mercalia wrote:
I use wax ones that when warmed up mould them selves the ear. Of course not 100% effective but they do make a difference. I also use them on the noisey buses and trains & london tube. Do a search in ebay for "wax earplugs" or if you are in hospital at the moment get a visitor to go to thje local pharmacy for some. I would be surprised if they dont have any.

Maybe other people here would like to comment on other types of ear plug not made of wax as I am always looking out for better options.

These are the last ones I bought

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revitale-Natural-Wax-Ear-Plug-Balls-7-Pairs-Protection-from-noise-water-dust/182857333752?epid=1724831534

Thank you.

I have not found any wax ones on sale, but I have bought some soft foam ones ready for future use. I have tried them at home and I doubt they will be much good.

its takes a little practice to get them to work as they have to be warmed up and your fingers can only do it so much so once in the ear canal in a rough shape have to allow to warm up to be able to mould into shape, in situ - a warped cone shape I find. You can still hear things thru them but not at a distracting level I think, depends on how well you have massaged them into shape of course.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

mercalia wrote:
its takes a little practice to get them to work as they have to be warmed up and your fingers can only do it so much so once in the ear canal in a rough shape have to allow to warm up to be able to mould into shape, in situ - a warped cone shape I find. You can still hear things thru them but not at a distracting level I think, depends on how well you have massaged them into shape of course.

I shall have to try them. Thanks again for the advice.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

John
mjr

Post by mjr »

Oldjohnw wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/sep/15/10-best-uk-hostels-for-adventures-and-the-rule-of-six?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Top ten hostels for max 6. I've stayed in none! I've stayed in others near Manorbier and visited the place. Don't remember a hostel so it's probably in the fields. Steep cycling in Pembrokeshire. Easier than Cornwall but 60 there is like 100 in Eastern England.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
ElaineB

Post by ElaineB »

Some of the best ear plugs can be found in shooting shops, if its sound you need to cut out.
They have to adhere to stringent regs to protect ones hearing, snoring included!
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

ElaineB wrote:Some of the best ear plugs can be found in shooting shops, if its sound you need to cut out.
They have to adhere to stringent regs to protect ones hearing, snoring included!

not many around here - we dont shoot the local foxes any more.
ElaineB

Post by ElaineB »

No, we shoot clay pigeons!