One policeman doing his job on London trains

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mumbojumbo

Re: One policeman doing his job on London trains

Post by mumbojumbo »

Why not award yourself a prize--a silver stirring spoon would be good!
I do not understand the term woke except as past participole of the verb wake!
DevonDamo

Post by DevonDamo »

mercalia wrote:I award you the Woke Medal of Honour for Services to Bullshit

I can feel your frustration: desperate to call everyone else liberal snowflakes, whilst you're being 'triggered' by what they've calmly said to you.

The threads you've started have demonstrated that you don't like China, BLM protesters, 'woke' people, the BBC, uppity black people, etc. That's fine - you have a right to your opinions and beliefs. However, if you're going to use this forum to provide a drip-feed of content that is clearly designed to provoke an outraged 'Billy Britain' reaction, I'm going to make sure you don't get to hide behind the 'I'm only sharing an interesting thing I found online' excuse.

Rather than showing the thousands of middle-aged right-wing white people that were demonstrating against the covid 'conspiracy' en masse, you chose to show a clip of a gang of approx 5 young black thugs kicking off on a tube about mask enforcement. Rather than showing the white racist 'statue-defending' drunken thugs micturating on the memorial to WPC Yvonne Fletcher and fighting with the police, you chose to share content from those outraged by the BLM protests.

In other words, you're not engaged in neutral debate - you're campaigning from a right wing perspective. Again - you've got every right to do this, but I've equally got the right to call you out for it. I look forward to this kind of debate, but you're going to have to take a deep breath before engaging - we all know the strict foul-language policy on this forum, so nobody will be sympathetic to your cries of liberal censorship if posts like the one above get deleted.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

mumbojumbo wrote:I do not understand the term woke except as past participole of the verb wake!

That would be woken or waked. How about past tense?

Jonathan
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Jdsk wrote:
mumbojumbo wrote:I do not understand the term woke except as past participole of the verb wake!

That would be woken or waked. How about past tense?

Jonathan

You seem poles apart to me :wink:
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

DevonDamo wrote:
mercalia wrote:I award you the Woke Medal of Honour for Services to Bullshit

I can feel your frustration: desperate to call everyone else liberal snowflakes, whilst you're being 'triggered' by what they've calmly said to you.

The threads you've started have demonstrated that you don't like China, BLM protesters, 'woke' people, the BBC, uppity black people, etc. That's fine - you have a right to your opinions and beliefs. However, if you're going to use this forum to provide a drip-feed of content that is clearly designed to provoke an outraged 'Billy Britain' reaction, I'm going to make sure you don't get to hide behind the 'I'm only sharing an interesting thing I found online' excuse.

Rather than showing the thousands of middle-aged right-wing white people that were demonstrating against the covid 'conspiracy' en masse, you chose to show a clip of a gang of approx 5 young black thugs kicking off on a tube about mask enforcement. Rather than showing the white racist 'statue-defending' drunken thugs micturating on the memorial to WPC Yvonne Fletcher and fighting with the police, you chose to share content from those outraged by the BLM protests.

In other words, you're not engaged in neutral debate - you're campaigning from a right wing perspective. Again - you've got every right to do this, but I've equally got the right to call you out for it. I look forward to this kind of debate, but you're going to have to take a deep breath before engaging - we all know the strict foul-language policy on this forum, so nobody will be sympathetic to your cries of liberal censorship if posts like the one above get deleted.

some thing tells me you must be agin someone or some thing rather than take things on their own terms as just part of the story rather than the whole story which for some strange reason you feel should be every ones remit. so to mention A you also have to mention B then C then D then... Your interpretations are twisted and distorted as a result imputing attitudes and beliefs that are only in your imagination. Your belligerent false accusations are therfore worse than my tongue in cheek words.
Last edited by mercalia on 25 Sep 2020, 2:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

You were joking, somehow?
DevonDamo

Post by DevonDamo »

mercalia wrote:some thing tells me you must be agin someone or some thing rather than take things on their own terms as just part of the story rather than the whole story which for some strange reason you feel should be every ones remit. so to mention A you also have to mention B then C then D then... Your interpretations are twisted and distorted as a result imputing attitudes and beliefs that are only in your imagination. Your belligerent false accusations are therfore worse than my tongue in cheek words.

To summarise the argument you're making here: you're claiming that I'm saying "you can't mention A, unless you also mention B." Or to rephrase this in terms of what we're actually talking about: "you can't post up videos of black yobs, unless you also post up videos of white yobs."

If you were genuinely someone who'd just posted up something they'd spotted on the internet, then your argument would be true - it's perfectly okay to just post up the odd YouTube video or Daily Mail article without needing to put it in any context. However, that's not you. You've got a history of posting the same type of stuff on here. There's a mountain of shocking footage of white anti-mask, covid conspiracy nuts to choose from, but you never do - it's always any emotive footage/articles on BLM protesters and the black thugs that you decide needs bringing to our attention. This is because you've gone down a populist right-wing internet rabbit hole and you're now determined that we all follow you.

I'm not saying you must or mustn't post anything. Post neo-nazi propaganda if you like - it's a free country. All I'm saying is that you can expect me to be there pointing out what you're up to.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

DevonDamo wrote:
mercalia wrote:some thing tells me you must be agin someone or some thing rather than take things on their own terms as just part of the story rather than the whole story which for some strange reason you feel should be every ones remit. so to mention A you also have to mention B then C then D then... Your interpretations are twisted and distorted as a result imputing attitudes and beliefs that are only in your imagination. Your belligerent false accusations are therfore worse than my tongue in cheek words.

To summarise the argument you're making here: you're claiming that I'm saying "you can't mention A, unless you also mention B." Or to rephrase this in terms of what we're actually talking about: "you can't post up videos of black yobs, unless you also post up videos of white yobs."

If you were genuinely someone who'd just posted up something they'd spotted on the internet, then your argument would be true - it's perfectly okay to just post up the odd YouTube video or Daily Mail article without needing to put it in any context. However, that's not you. You've got a history of posting the same type of stuff on here. There's a mountain of shocking footage of white anti-mask, covid conspiracy nuts to choose from, but you never do - it's always any emotive footage/articles on BLM protesters and the black thugs that you decide needs bringing to our attention. This is because you've gone down a populist right-wing internet rabbit hole and you're now determined that we all follow you.

I'm not saying you must or mustn't post anything. Post neo-nazi propaganda if you like - it's a free country. All I'm saying is that you can expect me to be there pointing out what you're up to.

As I say, in your imagination You turned this thread into a thread about BLACK yobs. I think I mentioned other cases I had seen who were not black or their colour not indicated and were worse IMHO. And thats how your mind seems to work
DevonDamo

Post by DevonDamo »

mercalia wrote:
DevonDamo wrote:I think I mentioned other cases I had seen who were not black or their colour not indicated and were worse IMHO. And thats how your mind seems to work

It's worrying to learn how my mind works. Especially when I have to add amnesia to the list. I have absolutely no recollection of you mentioning any other cases of mask-infringement by non-black or colour-not-indicated people which you claimed to be worse than the emotive example in your video. Help a forgetful old man out - remind me.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

Looks like someone has been discovered,and the threads are being unified to form an unpleasant image-some excellent detective work has been executed.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

seems like the cops have been busy but very few fines and it dont seem to have deterred others
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54295612

and I suppose these are the ones on the trains and tube & in the shops not wearing face coverings?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54309603
cyclemad

Post by cyclemad »

mumbojumbo wrote:Cyclemad wrote
Dear Mr nasty bank robber please put down the sawn off shotgun...No?...Ok ...carry on and sorry to bother you''.

I dont like to use colours to describe people .....unlike you ...but I will use your terms of description;- I did notice that the white police officer , who you claim are oppressive to the black community was accompanied by a black police officer in the video ......was the black officer considered to be oppressive and causing alarm to Ms Cressida Dickhmmmmm?

Would it have been wiser for the second officer to deal with the uncooperative pasenger?Your language is somewhat intemperate and your attempt at humour seems misplaced.i imagine you do not enjoy having your opinions questioned.Hopefully you are not put into similar situations .

so the black officer should have dealt with the black male ( being uncooperative ) and the white officer should have ?.....walked away ??

It doesn't work like that in reality im afraid ...If a police officer tells you to adhere to a requirement set down in law ( the wearing of face coverings on public transport and that person , irrespective of race /colour / religion decides to act like a complete buffoon acting up to the google lawyers / video bloggers then they should receive summary justice.....If they choose to be non compliant then so be it..they are dealt with as being non compliant and if that requires physical force then the officers are trained to use force in order to deal with the incident at hand.

Its very easy to pass judgement on the police from what is covered in the media and gutter press and there are many eager to put down the police service and to those who pass negative comments I ask '' could you do the job any better''?

it also sounds like you dont like being challenged on your opinions ..
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

You,cycle mad, have chosen to personalise the issue by questioning
1.my abilkity to be a member of the railway police
2.my willingness to hav e my opinions challenged.
I simply advocated that the police handle the stuation more thoughtfully,which is a constructive comment,based on having seen a minor incident escalate into an unpleasant incident.You by comparison have been negative,which |dont mind-it highlights the paucity of your comments.I have worked in several roles requiring some interpersonal skills,and love being challenged as I am confident | can defend the situation or opinion I hold,especially against those holding predictable views.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

shall refrain from describing how I truly feel about your comments other than ...''total rubbish''

its about time we ALL stood up to idiots like the lad ( note I didnt refer to any description of colour or race etc ) who chose not to WEAR A MASK AS REQUIRED BY LAW ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT...He acted like a compete buffoon and the cops acted professionally in the manner in which they dealt with the incident . To say that they ''lacked imagination''. completely astounds me......Are you one of those who publicly decry the police service yet are the quick to call for assistance when you feel threatened or suffer injustice?

Its about time we stop this namby pamby attitude to the pandemic ......If someone chooses to ignore advice or guidance then its about time they experience the long arm of the law and suffer the consequences of their selfish actions.

Could you do better ?

This sounds like a piece from Private Eye-something Peter Cook would write-or perhaps a Monty Python sketch questioni8ng the wisdom of Colonel Blimp or Mister Pastry.As for the police,in South Yorkshire they were found wanting in 1984 at miners strike and again in 1989 at Hillsborough-on both occasions telling lies and seeking to blame others.
cyclemad

Post by cyclemad »

mumbojumbo wrote:You,cycle mad, have chosen to personalise the issue by questioning
1.my abilkity to be a member of the railway police
2.my willingness to hav e my opinions challenged.
I simply advocated that the police handle the stuation more thoughtfully,which is a constructive comment,based on having seen a minor incident escalate into an unpleasant incident.You by comparison have been negative,which |dont mind-it highlights the paucity of your comments.I have worked in several roles requiring some interpersonal skills,and love being challenged as I am confident | can defend the situation or opinion I hold,especially against those holding predictable views.

1- you are or have been a serving officer of either The British Transport Police or other Home Office Constabulary ?

2 - when challenged on your opinions you resort to comparing me to colonel blimp / Peter cook .....very constructive.

3- you advocated the officers should have walked away when the incident escalated....then commented that the '' other officer'' should have taken control of the incident

4 - You claim to have worked in roles which require ''some interpersonal skills ''? - Please advise what these roles were and whether they involved dealing with member of the public in potentially violent or situations in a crowded public location where there are only two of you ...

5 - And if you could do better .....

https://www.joiningthepolice.co.uk/?gcl ... lsrc=aw.ds