Flu 'jab'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Jdsk

Re: Flu 'jab'

Post by Jdsk »

thirdcrank wrote:I thought I'd read somewhere that this year there would be two different versions of the jab, one targetted at olies and another at younger vulnerable groups.

Yes:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinati ... a-vaccine/
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinati ... u-vaccine/

Jonathan
yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

Phoned my surgery last week told try again mid October, phoned today can you come in on Saturday so who was lying :x
millimole

Post by millimole »

thirdcrank wrote:There's been a flurry of media reports suggesting that there's a shortage of flu jabs at the mo. I thought I'd read somewhere that this year there would be two different versions of the jab, one targetted at olies and another at younger vulnerable groups.
Mrs M had a different vaccination to me. I'm 65, she has multiple long-term conditions.
I'm unclear about the differences and CBA to go and look them up.

My reading of the news reports about the alleged shortages was that this was for under 65s, and at Boots. Whether this was to raise the profile of Boots as a provider, or to suggest they were incompetent in stock planning, I'm not sure, but the whole thing sounded like an advertorial to me.
Leicester; Riding my Hetchins since 1971; Day rides on my Dawes; Going to the shops on a Decathlon Hoprider
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

The utility cyclist wrote:Someone can have mine, told the surgery to "never contact me again with regards to vaccinations", I did add "thank you" at the end. :lol: Saved the NHS a load of money in unnecessary drugs, unnecessary paper, stamps and admin time.

Unfortunately your decision, and that of others who follow the same logic has serious consequences for those who cannot have vaccinations for medical reasons. And may well have cost the NHS significantly more in drugs and resources which they have had to use on *other* people, that's what mass vaccination is about, it's not about you.

I therefore urge you to stop with such selfish behaviour.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Re Sadiq Khan, there seem to be several different versions of that image circulating - with and without masks and gloves. Perhaps at least one is fake news?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

The utility cyclist wrote:I guess you've seen the shyster that is Sadiq Khan pretending to have his flu jab ... fooling no-one except the sheeple!

Are you saying that Khan didn't have a 'flu jab?

Thanks

Jonathan
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

The subject of vaccinations does bring out the worst in (some of) us humans - suspicion, derision, disbelief - even that hoary old chestnut, the conspiracy theory... let 'em get on with, I say, Jonathan. Leave them's as want to fret over it all to their own devices. :wink:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
[XAP]Bob wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:Someone can have mine, told the surgery to "never contact me again with regards to vaccinations", I did add "thank you" at the end. :lol: Saved the NHS a load of money in unnecessary drugs, unnecessary paper, stamps and admin time.

Unfortunately your decision, and that of others who follow the same logic has serious consequences for those who cannot have vaccinations for medical reasons. And may well have cost the NHS significantly more in drugs and resources which they have had to use on *other* people, that's what mass vaccination is about, it's not about you.

+1

Vaccinations through the ages were not really needed at all?
You only need to look at the stuff that's been eradicated from the developed world that still exist in the undeveloped world for an answer to that question.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

[XAP]Bob wrote:

Please tell me what serious consequences my decision has on others, tel me how much I have cost the NHS over and above someone having a flu jab every year?
People like you attack personal freedoms and call out others and produce zero facts/evidence, typical really of vaxxers!
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
We don't have vaccination for covid 19................yet.

So we rely on our good responsible public...............

BUT we now find out that Many is a fantasy........

Only 18.5 % of those who should be or are asked to self isolate are actually self isolating :?

When we were all locked down.......................3:4 of my neighbors ignored any isolation.

Thats the real public for you!
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

The utility cyclist wrote:
Jdsk wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:I guess you've seen the shyster that is Sadiq Khan pretending to have his flu jab ... fooling no-one except the sheeple!

Are you saying that Khan didn't have a 'flu jab?

Yes, that is what I am saying...

Thanks

Jonathan
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Covid was made up by Soros and the Clintons on 911 to force Princess Di to be vaccinated to steal our precious bodily fluids.

Martin Rowson.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
We don't have vaccination for covid 19................yet.

So we rely on our good responsible public...............

BUT we now find out that Many is a fantasy........

Only 18.5 % of those who should be or are asked to self isolate are actually self isolating :?

When we were all locked down.......................3:4 of my neighbors ignored any isolation.

Thats the real public for you!

But ... a miracle occurred ..... the virus stopped killing people wholesale, shops, pubs, schools reopened .... so the lack of people self isolating worked ... it was a very cunning plan by Boris ...
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

What type of flu is covered?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

mumbojumbo wrote:What type of flu is covered?

For adults:
"The national influenza immunisation programme 2020 to 2021. Inactivated influenza vaccine information for healthcare practitioners"
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/917251/Inactivated_influenza_vaccine-information_for_healthcare_practitioners_2020_to_2021.pdf

For the 2020 to 2021 flu season (northern hemisphere winter), it is recommended that quadrivalent vaccines contain the following:
Egg-based vaccines
• A/Guangdong-Maonan/SWL1536/2019 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
• A/Hong Kong/2671/2019 (H3N2)-like virus
• B/Washington/02/2019 (B/Victoria lineage)-like virus
• B/Phuket/3073/2013 (B/Yamagata lineage)-like virus
Cell- or recombinant-based vaccines
• A/Hawaii/70/2019 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
• A/Hong Kong/45/2019 (H3N2)-like virus
• B/Washington/02/2019 (B/Victoria lineage)-like virus
• B/Phuket/3073/2013 (B/Yamagata lineage)-like virus
This vaccine composition differs from the 2019 to 2020 vaccine composition as both influenza A virus strains and one of the B virus strains have been replaced.
The influenza B component in the 2020 to 2021 trivalent vaccines will be the B/Washington/02/2019 (B/Victoria lineage)-like virus.

Jonathan