Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Tangled Metal

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Tangled Metal »

If he did end up with a disability or long term issue he'll only blame it on the stem cell research that contributed to the experimental treatment he got. That's a win for right wing cofefe man!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:In summary, he's been poorlier than they've exposed. He's still poorly. They will have had to insist he go to hospital. Because he's been poorly and had several instances of breathing difficulty, they used the 'experimental' treatment as clinically indicated.

And now it's all a big triumph for Trump.

Which is the worst possible outcome,he'll now claim it's no worse than flu,and his myopic followers will believe it with all that entails,as I'm sure you're well aware.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:In summary, he's been poorlier than they've exposed. He's still poorly. They will have had to insist he go to hospital. Because he's been poorly and had several instances of breathing difficulty, they used the 'experimental' treatment as clinically indicated.

Which is the worst possible outcome,he'll now claim it's no worse than flu,and his myopic followers will believe it with all that entails,as I'm sure you're well aware.

I just watched a 74-year old struggling to breathe on the White House balcony, with commentary from a British GP. It's on the BBC site, worth a look if you've not seen it. That's a sick man.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

I just watched a 74-year old struggling to breathe on the White House balcony, with commentary from a British GP. It's on the BBC site, worth a look if you've not seen it. That's a sick man.

care to supply the reference?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Oldjohnw wrote:......... He even said he was invincible.

Do you have a link?
Nothing would surprise me what this creep says TBH but I'd like a reference for the future.
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

reohn2 wrote:

Do you have a link?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313266826718187521

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:I just watched a 74-year old struggling to breathe on the White House balcony, with commentary from a British GP. It's on the BBC site, worth a look if you've not seen it. That's a sick man.

Oh he's sick alright,in the head and the heart(if he has one :? )
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Jdsk wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

Do you have a link?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313266826718187521

Jonathan

Thanks,as Boney says,he's one sick man.....
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Pebble

Post by Pebble »

If he had just ran up a flight of stairs with that face mask.... it could be argued he is in good shape for a 74 year old, especially one who is currently suffering from a deadly respiratory infection

Whether he looks reasonably well through being pumped full of chemicals and oxygen, or may be it is all a made up story and he has never had covid (wouldn't put it past him) But he doesn't look seriously ill to me.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

PDQ Mobile wrote:I am not sure if I accept the point about a Doctor chosen by a President not being able to practice afterwards.

Well, as I said, it doesn't matter as much these days, but prior to about 50 or 60 years ago, most doctors had their own businesses with regular patients, and people generally stayed with the same doctor for years. New patients were generally word of mouth/recommendation. A conscientious doctor even scheduled holidays around their patients.

Establishing that kind of network took years, and a four year break would mean that all of the patients, in the meanwhile, found a new doctor, and it would be almost like starting over again. Yes, of course, the doctor could say that they served the President, and maybe even make a business out of a practice catering to famous people.

But it really wasn't so different to an independent tradesperson moving to a new city or something. A reputation is built upon satisfactory service, rather than publicity.

My aunt was a GP in the US & built her own practice starting in the early 1970s.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Pebble wrote:If he had just ran up a flight of stairs with that face mask.... it could be argued he is in good shape for a 74 year old, especially one who is currently suffering from a deadly respiratory infection

Whether he looks reasonably well through being pumped full of chemicals and oxygen, or may be it is all a made up story and he has never had covid (wouldn't put it past him) But he doesn't look seriously ill to me.

I will assume you are not and have never been a stockman. :D If you see a calf with laboured breathing like that give them jab ASAP or it might not end well.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Vorpal wrote:
PDQ Mobile wrote:I am not sure if I accept the point about a Doctor chosen by a President not being able to practice afterwards.

Well, as I said, it doesn't matter as much these days, but prior to about 50 or 60 years ago, most doctors had their own businesses with regular patients, and people generally stayed with the same doctor for years. New patients were generally word of mouth/recommendation. A conscientious doctor even scheduled holidays around their patients.

Establishing that kind of network took years, and a four year break would mean that all of the patients, in the meanwhile, found a new doctor, and it would be almost like starting over again. Yes, of course, the doctor could say that they served the President, and maybe even make a business out of a practice catering to famous people.

But it really wasn't so different to an independent tradesperson moving to a new city or something. A reputation is built upon satisfactory service, rather than publicity.

My aunt was a GP in the US & built her own practice starting in the early 1970s.

Well I think the use of a military doctor is almost certainly for other reasons.
Dr Con- ley has been rather "economical with the facts" when pressed a couple of times.
The Military does as it is told. That is the nature of the Military- by and large.

The sad fact is that as an average Joe I cannot trust a great many high ranking politicians and leaders to be straight.
All is spin.
Nothing is what it seems.

This seems to have reached something of a zenith in the Trump Administration.

It is a state of affairs to be rued both now and later.
For we all - us little average Joes - deserve a great deal better.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

PDQ Mobile wrote:
Vorpal wrote:

Well I think the use of a military doctor is almost certainly for other reasons.
Dr Con- ley has been rather "economical with the facts" when pressed a couple of times.
The Military does as it is told. That is the nature of the Military- by and large.

The sad fact is that as an average Joe I cannot trust a great many high ranking politicians and leaders to be straight.
All is spin.
Nothing is what it seems.

This seems to have reached something of a zenith in the Trump Administration.

It is a state of affairs to be rued both now and later.
For we all - us little average Joes - deserve a great deal better.

I think it's better termed a nadir rather than a a zenith, but I couldn't agree more with your sentiments.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Pebble wrote:If he had just ran up a flight of stairs with that face mask.... it could be argued he is in good shape for a 74 year old, especially one who is currently suffering from a deadly respiratory infection

What's your medical assessment?