Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

GranvilleThomas

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by GranvilleThomas »

Yes Trump is MAD and DANGEROUS.

Trump.jpeg

Sadly it looks like Capitalism is going to outlive me. Luckily my daughters have promised to carry on the fight against the likes of Trump and our own Poundshop Churchill.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

GranvilleThomas wrote:Yes Trump is MAD and DANGEROUS.

Trump.jpeg

Sadly it looks like Capitalism is going to outlive me. Luckily my daughters have promised to carry on the fight against the likes of Trump and our own Poundshop Churchill.

The last chance to control, if not to defeat, capitalism in UK was lost back in 1964. Wilson failed to abolish private education and to nationalise the banking and financial sectors.
It will certainly outlive me - and my grandchildren. The class war has been won by the rulers - with the support of the masses!
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

To quote Thucydidies:

“Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”

And to mis-quote:

The rich do what they want, the poor do what they must
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Stradageek wrote:
The rich do what they want, the poor do what they must

Rather they do what they are TOLD.
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

The title is a loaded question. Trump possibly isn't mad, when he's made billions in real estate. You could say he's corrupt, conniving, dishonest, sneaky, but not mad.
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Manc33 wrote:The title is a loaded question. Trump possibly isn't mad, when he's made billions in real estate. You could say he's corrupt, conniving, dishonest, sneaky, but not mad.

Isn't it accepted that he's pretty much maintained the fortune his father left him, as opposed to having made a huge amount?
hjd10

Post by hjd10 »

djnotts wrote:

Trump.jpeg

The last chance to control, if not to defeat, capitalism in UK was lost back in 1964. Wilson failed to abolish private education and to nationalise the banking and financial sectors.
It will certainly outlive me - and my grandchildren. The class war has been won by the rulers - with the support of the masses!

The US and the UK are worlds apart in virtually every respect, what sort of country are thinking we should emulate?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Manc33 wrote:The title is a loaded question. Trump possibly isn't mad, when he's made billions in real estate. You could say he's corrupt, conniving, dishonest, sneaky, but not mad.

Isn't it accepted that he's pretty much maintained the fortune his father left him, as opposed to having made a huge amount?

Apparently if he'd put his inheritance into safe investments rather than trying trying to run businesses he'd have twice as much money as he's got now.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote:

I thought he had lost it all and was up to his eyeballs in loans
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Paulatic wrote:
Pebble wrote:If he had just ran up a flight of stairs with that face mask.... it could be argued he is in good shape for a 74 year old, especially one who is currently suffering from a deadly respiratory infection

Whether he looks reasonably well through being pumped full of chemicals and oxygen, or may be it is all a made up story and he has never had covid (wouldn't put it past him) But he doesn't look seriously ill to me.

I will assume you are not and have never been a stockman. :D If you see a calf with laboured breathing like that give them jab ASAP or it might not end well.

I was thinking more on the lines of wheezy old Tup than a spring lamb.

I'm not for one minute suggesting he had the vitality of a tour-de-france podium position, but for someone who is supposed to be 3 or 4 days into Covid, I thought he was looking quite sprightly - I know plenty much younger who would have been more out of breath on their best days.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Pebble wrote:
Paulatic wrote:
Pebble wrote:If he had just ran up a flight of stairs with that face mask.... it could be argued he is in good shape for a 74 year old, especially one who is currently suffering from a deadly respiratory infection

Whether he looks reasonably well through being pumped full of chemicals and oxygen, or may be it is all a made up story and he has never had covid (wouldn't put it past him) But he doesn't look seriously ill to me.

I will assume you are not and have never been a stockman. :D If you see a calf with laboured breathing like that give them jab ASAP or it might not end well.

I was thinking more on the lines of wheezy old Tup than a spring lamb.

I'm not for one minute suggesting he had the vitality of a tour-de-france podium position, but for someone who is supposed to be 3 or 4 days into Covid, I thought he was looking quite sprightly - I know plenty much younger who would have been more out of breath on their best days.

Try taking steroids etc. You'll get a spring on your steps quickly enough.
John
GranvilleThomas

hjd10 wrote:
djnotts wrote:

Trump.jpeg

The US and the UK are worlds apart in virtually every respect, what sort of country are thinking we should emulate?

I do not think that the US and the UK are very far apart at all.

The book 'Britannia Unchained: Global Lessons for Growth and Prosperity', written by Priti Patel, Dominic Raab, Chris Skidmore Elizabeth Truss, and Kwasi Kwarteng, five Conservative MP's, was published in 2012 and advocates that the UK should be turned into a mini USA ASAP and we are on that journey at the moment - Surely you must have noticed?

Britannia_Unchained.jpg
Britannia_Unchained.jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 199 times

It is not necessary to emulate any particular country, to produce a fair and just society for all, not just the privileged few.
GranvilleThomas

The thing is he isn't a successful businessman, he inherited millions from his father initially.

Most Americans think Trump is a successful businessman mind you. Until they learn about his losses.

$1.17 billion in losses between 1985 and 1994, for example.

Since 2005, Trump has made hundreds of millions of dollars from 'The Apprentice' and associated branding deals. He’s poured much of it into risky investments that have ostensibly failed, and he’s used those losses, on top of business deductions, to drive down his taxable income.

Tax forms obtained by The New York Times showed that, from 1985 to 1994, Trump lost “more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer.”

He paid no income taxes at all for ten years for example — largely because lost much more money than he made.

Is he mad?
John D Gartner, the John’s Hopkins Professor and Dr Julie Futrell, a clinical psychologist are just two of very many Psychologists and Psychiatrists who are speaking out about Donald Trump’s mental health issues in an unprecedented move, which they say is for the good of the public and their own professional integrity.

Maybe he is not 'mad', but obviously greater minds than mine, think in their professional opinion, that he is at least Psychologically Unfit to be President!'
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I understand that the President isn't getting better.

He's as bad as or worse than ever.
John
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Is he mad? Who can say? What does 'mad' mean? I don't know. But if you make a judgement based on the context in which the individual exists - in the privacy of my own home and my very small world, I can be as potty and unstable as I like - no one much knows or is affected... but Trump has massive influence and his actions affect literally millions of folk, all around the world. If I was an American I'd be asking myself one simple Q.: What are the chances of this man doing some harm to me and mine? I would have thought the answer was screamingly obvious, but there you go. Perhaps it's all his voters who're mad!!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)