Something other than Lycra

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
PH

Re: Something other than Lycra

Post by PH »

Bmblbzzz wrote:https://www.ronhill.com/collections/mens/products/mens-core-trackster
The only difference is the position of the reflective stripes.

I have a pair, the cut of the waist is also different (On mine anyway) The bikesters were higher back and lower front making them more comfortable on the bike.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Oh. Well, if you're going to avoid lycra, this is what happens! Altura Cruisers would be another option, but they're also out of production.
PH

Post by PH »

Bmblbzzz wrote:Oh. Well, if you're going to avoid lycra, this is what happens! Altura Cruisers would be another option, but they're also out of production.

Last time we had this conversation, someone recommended tracksters with braces, this has just reminded me that I meant to give it a try...
pwa

Post by pwa »

PH wrote:
Bmblbzzz wrote:Oh. Well, if you're going to avoid lycra, this is what happens! Altura Cruisers would be another option, but they're also out of production.

Last time we had this conversation, someone recommended tracksters with braces, this has just reminded me that I meant to give it a try...

I'd have thought that the use of braces would hoist them up tight around the groin, to the amusement of bystanders.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Yeah. If the problem is the cut rather than the leg length, then braces are just going to hitch them up all round, not specifically at the back like you want. Though cutting the foot straps off might make a difference (I prefer without them anyway, ymmv). Something decently long on top would help, of course.
Circa 1955

Post by Circa 1955 »

When you are on the short size everything with tights ,trousers, shorts , etc. that's the problem, top half of the body never had a problem, I'm not bog standard.
Bob