Merlin Cycles

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
RickH

Merlin Cycles

Postby RickH » 28 Jan 2016, 7:42pm

Reminded by the "Poor Service" topic elsewhere in this forum I thought I would give a thumbs up to Merlin Cycles.

They are close enough to me that, up until now, I've always used their over the counter service.

Recently I found they had stock of something I wanted that wasn't widely available (mounts for the original Gamin Virb camera). Not only did I get the bonus that the price had gone down between me finding the item on their site & ordering but, having ordered at lunchtime one day, the postman delivered the package barely 24 hours later.

Rick.

NewHorizon

Re: Merlin Cycles

Postby NewHorizon » 1 Feb 2016, 2:51pm

I'll second that - I've bought from them a lot and they're my online retailer of choice, keen prices, super fast service, never any issues. Their own brand clothing, of which I have bibs, l/s jersey and sundry warmers is great value for money.

Des49

Postby Des49 » 2 Feb 2016, 6:50pm

I also approve of Merlin. Use them for more racier stuff rather than for components for my own old bikes.

When I brought a Stages Power Meter and had issues with it they were really prompt in dealing with this, including 2 replacement cranks. Then actually got the latest model (apparently issues solved), from them.

Currently got a really rough Look pedal I want to return, they didn't want it back initially to see if it "ran in", so hopefully will experience the same service this time around.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 11 Sep 2016, 4:31pm

I've used Merlin Cycles a few times as their prices are pretty keen and they offer free postage,but this week their service was extremely quick and efficient.
I ordered a Deore M951 rear mech on Thursday @ 10.33am and it was in my hands @ 10.25am on Friday,free Royal Mail postage and cheapest on the web.
Magic service Merlin! :D :D :D
And quick delivery RM :D :D :D
-----------------------------------------------------------

David9694

Postby David9694 » 8 Oct 2020, 2:50pm

Very disappointed with Merlin over a refusal to replace / refund an Icetoolz chain cleaner - “hey, customer don’t go putting any chain cleaner in your chain cleaner - it weakens the (already weak) plastic!”.
You spend £scores with them and would do in the future and this is how they act: makes no sense.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 8 Oct 2020, 5:26pm

Personally I've always found Merlin Cycles cheap and very quick to deliver thumbs up from me! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Pendodave

Postby Pendodave » 8 Oct 2020, 5:47pm

David9694 wrote:Very disappointed with Merlin over a refusal to replace / refund an Icetoolz chain cleaner - “hey, customer don’t go putting any chain cleaner in your chain cleaner - it weakens the (already weak) plastic!”.
You spend £scores with them and would do in the future and this is how they act: makes no sense.

Always sad to see reports of poor service, but I have to say that my experience with them (including one this week) has always been excellent.

philvantwo

Postby philvantwo » 9 Oct 2020, 8:09pm

I've had a few things from them, paid extra once for next day delivery and it came the day after, they refunded my postage costs straight away. Then I ordered a Lusso jacket, I wore it once and when I took it off I noticed there was a small hole where the cuff hadn't been sewn onto the sleeve properly! I sent it back and they refunded my postage costs and sent me a new jacket on next day delivery.

philg

Postby philg » 12 Oct 2020, 7:25am

Always had good service from them, along with Tredz they are my first choice for online orders.

Their MTB frames were great value years ago and I was very happy that they still stocked replacement gear hangars for my 10 year old Rock Lobster.

David9694

Postby David9694 » 17 Oct 2020, 8:38am

Pendodave wrote:
David9694 wrote:Very disappointed with Merlin over a refusal to replace / refund an Icetoolz chain cleaner - “hey, customer don’t go putting any chain cleaner in your chain cleaner - it weakens the (already weak) plastic!”.

Always sad to see reports of poor service, but I have to say that my experience with them (including one this week) has always been excellent.

Likewise, to be honest - but did you have to deal with them over faulty goods?