Tomorrows lecky prices ( for Octopus customers )

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: Tomorrows lecky prices ( for Octopus customers )

Post by mercalia »

seems like they cant get enough customers

octopus.JPG

https://octopus.energy/world-octopus-day/
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

mercalia wrote:seems like they cant get enough customers

octopus.JPG

https://octopus.energy/world-octopus-day/

They've always had referrals - you should switch £100 for you, £50 for me!
(Click here: https://share.octopus.energy/bold-elm-696 ;) )

Over a million customers, 92% customer satisfaction and "Energy Supplier of the Year 2020".

Must be doing something right.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

kwackers wrote:
If your bills are higher then it's easy to check, just look at your own meter. If the numbers are right then you're using more energy - simples.

Sorry, not the case. I'm a PEDANTIC INDIVIDUAL, who keeps a spreadsheet based database of my energy use :wink: (NB. How fun it is, to evaliute how much more electricity I used in Week 4 2020, as opposed to Week 4 2018. It's possible I baked a cake in 2020, which would explain the increase :wink:

Neither my electricity nor gas use has dramatically changed, due to my supply being supplied for ten days by Octopus. And the pretransfer calculations all showed it as being the cheaper supplier. But something is going on :wink:
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

gbnz wrote:Neither my electricity nor gas use has dramatically changed, due to my supply being supplied for ten days by Octopus. And the pretransfer calculations all showed it as being the cheaper supplier. But something is going on :wink:

It'd be pretty hard for them to argue the meter readings though.

It took them 6 months before they bothered charging me for lecky so I don't think they're always on the ball... ;)
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

gbnz wrote:
kwackers wrote:
If your bills are higher then it's easy to check, just look at your own meter. If the numbers are right then you're using more energy - simples.

Sorry, not the case. I'm a PEDANTIC INDIVIDUAL, who keeps a spreadsheet based database of my energy use :wink: (NB. How fun it is, to evaliute how much more electricity I used in Week 4 2020, as opposed to Week 4 2018. It's possible I baked a cake in 2020, which would explain the increase :wink:

Neither my electricity nor gas use has dramatically changed, due to my supply being supplied for ten days by Octopus. And the pretransfer calculations all showed it as being the cheaper supplier. But something is going on :wink:

Why keep a spreadsheet, I have it broken down into ten second chunks, measured by the Wh.
All automatically recorded from the meter itself (optical sensor on the pulse output) by an older RasPi.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.