Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

djnotts

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by djnotts »

Indeed. Used to be prevalent in massaging the odd in greyhound racing in particular to my knowledge. But I think Trump far from dead in the water so not bad odds.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

djnotts wrote:Indeed. Used to be prevalent in massaging the odd in greyhound racing in particular to my knowledge. But I think Trump far from dead in the water so not bad odds.

In a bizarre coincidence I was recounting to a colleague the circumstances around the dismissal of a 'Greyhound Grader' only a few minutes ago.
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

I think if I won money on Trump being re-elected I'd use it for toilet paper if I didn't burn it.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I don't gamble anyway but there seems to me to be something particularly tasteless about betting on a Trump win.
John
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I have just read a review of a new biography of de Piffle.
Stanley Johnson's raising of his son gets much blame, and the reviewer compares him with Fred Trump, and his treatment of young Donny..

This book makes a good stab at answering the question, “What makes Boris Johnson tick?” By the end, we have a sense of what void Johnson with his restless ambition is seeking to fill. As with his counterpart in the White House, we can point to the damage inflicted by a callous, demanding father as a partial explanation for the lies, the betrayals, the narcissism. But that leaves a larger question untouched, one less about the politician than about the people who vote for him. That question is not “Why does Johnson behave this way?” but rather, “Why do we put up with it?”

We can only hope that the American electorate decides not to put up with Trump any more on the third of next month.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/oct/13/boris-johnson-the-gambler-by-tom-bower-review-the-defining-secret
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

n 3 weeks time this thread may be one of few that really will come to an end. Unless the law catches up on Trump the Chump
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Mike Sales wrote:I have just read a review of a new biography of de Piffle.
Stanley Johnson's raising of his son gets much blame, and the reviewer compares him with Fred Trump, and his treatment of young Donny..

This book makes a good stab at answering the question, “What makes Boris Johnson tick?” By the end, we have a sense of what void Johnson with his restless ambition is seeking to fill. As with his counterpart in the White House, we can point to the damage inflicted by a callous, demanding father as a partial explanation for the lies, the betrayals, the narcissism. But that leaves a larger question untouched, one less about the politician than about the people who vote for him. That question is not “Why does Johnson behave this way?” but rather, “Why do we put up with it?”

We can only hope that the American electorate decides not to put up with Trump any more on the third of next month.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/oct/13/boris-johnson-the-gambler-by-tom-bower-review-the-defining-secret

The author was on LBC but I turned off when he mentioned his earlier book on Corbyn when he mentioned him as being an evil man with evil goals. :roll:
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

mercalia wrote:n 3 weeks time this thread may be one of few that really will come to an end. Unless the law catches up on Trump the Chump

I think that if his presidential immunity and power come to an end the Trump story will continue in the courts. This is one of the reasons he is fighting so desperately in this election. There may be much more to come.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

mercalia wrote:
The author was on LBC but I turned off when he mentioned his earlier book on Corbyn when he mentioned him as being an evil man with evil goals. :roll:

Bower's USP is the hatchet job.
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

mercalia wrote:In 3 weeks time this thread may be one of few that really will come to an end. Unless the law catches up on Trump the Chump

But Trump will still be mad. In fact, he'll be even madder! :o
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

seems like he might leave the USA and possbly move to the Uk if he loses :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/17/new-trump-golf-course-provokes-fury-in-scotland?
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

mercalia wrote:seems like he might leave the USA and possbly move to the Uk if he loses :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/17/new-trump-golf-course-provokes-fury-in-scotland?

He might prefer a country which does not extradite to the USA!
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Perhaps we should build a beautiful wall, the greatest wall in the history of our country, and get the USA to pay for it. Keep out foreign sex offenders and thieves.
John
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Oldjohnw wrote:Perhaps we should build a beautiful wall, the greatest wall in the history of our country, and get the USA to pay for it. Keep out foreign sex offenders and thieves.

or just rebuild the one we have....
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

.... This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands; ...