Feeling Rotten

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Feeling Rotten

Post by Mick F »

Headache above the eyes
Aching muscles
Tired
Lethargic
Wheezy

Anybody else suffering?
I've been like this since the weekend.
Mick F. Cornwall
patricktaylor

Re: Feeling Rotten

Post by patricktaylor »

Mick F wrote:Anybody else suffering? ...

Yes, for the past ten days - afternoons in bed, awake all night. A lousy cold. I'm only just starting to come out of it. One slight compensation is that it coincided with roads too icy to cycle, last week at least. I'm hoping to be cycling again by the weekend. Two weeks off the bike is no fun at all.

You'll be fine again well before Christmas, Mick :lol:
glueman

Post by glueman »

Yes. In bed with freezing shakes/tropical sweats all weekend, gastric element meant I couldn't be far from the lavatory, blinding headache, etc. Still got a chesty cough, bad head and feel rough as old boots.

So much for the British winter.
Si

Post by Si »

Yes, but I fear that mine is self inflicted - Christmas party last night.
PW

Post by PW »

Me too (non self inflicted!) Couldn't even play on here as the computer got the lurgy too. :( Recovering now but the cough is still bad.
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

Sorry to hear you do not feel to good. The bugs going round this year are horrible. You should feel better soon.
What could have been a virus for me turned out not to be. I am not that lucky. This is my second week of with Accute Reaction to Stress.
It is very hard to ride a bike because of panic attacks and anxiety.
Looking on the bright side at least I can decide what to wear in the mornings without needing to lie down.
Mike relax keep warm and enjoy your man flu :wink:
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
patricktaylor

Post by patricktaylor »

I wonder how much one can do to influence the severity of a cold.

I felt mine beginning on Monday of last week. I felt a bit rough, but on the Wednesday I went out on my bike, mainly out of frustration over the ice and snow over the previous two days. Very soon, even with six layers, I was freezing cold and shivering, so I came back. That's when the cold got worse.

But when I worked in an office every day I carried on regardless of colds and they never seemed too bad or to last very long.

People often say they have a 'touch of flu' when they really have a cold. I know that colds can be very unpleasant but flu is a different thing entirely. The last time I had flu I was off work for a month, flat out in bed the whole time, my head was like concrete, food tasted vile, and even when I was back at work the pyschological symptoms went on for many more weeks. I think it was about two months before tea tasted normal again.

<added>Edwards, just read your post. I hope you recover soon.</added>
pigman

Post by pigman »

an old friend once defined flu for me. He said imagine someone tells you theres £1000 on your driveway. If you honestly cant go out and recover it, then its flu. Everything else is a cold in different guises.

Fortunately, ive never had flu.
ianr1950

Post by ianr1950 »

As my better half always tells me it is only 'man flu'. :wink:
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

I haven't been too good, chest infection and cold symtoms.

We couldn't all be getting viruses from the computer, could we? :? :?
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
zenzinnia

Post by zenzinnia »

And there was me only yesterday advocating cycling as it keeps you healthier and cold free - I've not caught one since I got back to cycling after my back injury.

Get well soon all - I recomend whisky and lots of it.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Whisky makes you frisky.
I prefer Brandy.
Mick F. Cornwall
john4703

Re: Feeling Rotten

Post by john4703 »

Mick F wrote:Headache above the eyes
Aching muscles
Tired
Lethargic
Wheezy

I was like that Wednesday last week, my day off, then came to work Thursday and took Friday off sick. Managed to the work's night out on Saturday and back to work on Monday but still feeling weak. I've been using the bus to work as the combination of a still running nose, total lack of energy and roads white with frost made my wife insist that the bike is not an option. She is now complaining that I gave her my cold, I say I didn't as I've still got mine!!!
Don't let them win but keep up the struggle and wear them all down by our persistence.
UrbanManc

Post by UrbanManc »

Yep , me too, since last Thursday.

I took 6 days off work and I'm still exhausted, a guy at work took a week off, his better half was so worried she called the doctor out.

I'm glad I'm on the bus (because of the icey weather), I couldn't cope the way I am now, this will take till new year to get over it.
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

I hope you all feel better soon. There is, as they say, a lot of it about. I have managed to avoid it thus far. (You have no idea how difficult it is typing this with my fingers crossed!)

But, my poor husband had 8 days of feeling grim, and still feels very worn out.
Dee